Compool Lx3400 switch to SWCG

Mar 26, 2014
League City, TX
So I switched out of tablets and started to use bleach only. Amazing what happens when you gain a little knowledge. Thanks for everyone's post that I read.

Anyway, the cost is getting up there 3 gal a week adds up. What do I need to do to switch to a saltwater system? 22,000 gal. Hopefully all the information is in my signature. Idea of cost, not looking for much, but definitely automated

Not sure what you mean by automated. Most SWG's are set up to run by connecting them to the same power load as the pump and then setting the percentage output of the SWG to match your needs. There is full automation that can be installed to control the pump, SWG, heater, etc. but I don't think that is what you are asking for is it?

You will want a SWG with a minimum 40,000 gallon rating and you could go has high as 60,000 gallons. If you plan on keeping that 2hp pump I would suggest a 60,000 gallon SWG to keep the pump run time down.

Are you planning on a self install or have it "professionally" installed? Some manufactures have some drastic changes to the warranty period for self installs.

You'll need to do PVC plumbing work and run some electrical wire if you do a self install. I suggest downloading a manual and go over the installation requirements to get an idea of what's needed to install it. If you are handy with PVC and electrical work they are pretty simple to install.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.