Long time liquid chlorine pool switching to SWCG

BW

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 10, 2011
SF bay area
Haven't dropped in here in years because my pool has been so trouble free, but now I've decided to switch from liquid chlorine to SWCG and have a few questions..
  1. I have an all Hayward system, so will likely go with Hayward/AquaRite. My pool is just 11,000 gal, so following the 2X rule of thumb the T-CELL-9 should work, but I tend to prefer a little more upfront cost to save trouble down the road. Is there any harm or significant benefit to upsizing to the T-CELL-15?
  2. Whats a typical pump run time required to generate enough salt in mid-summer with an appropriately sized cell?
  3. I have a pretty basic ECommand4 system that just runs my filter pump schedule and controls my solar, no remote so I don't play with the settings much. If I understand correctly, I still need to purchase the full AquaRite system with its own control panel, and it is possible to link that control panel to my ECommand4, but not much benefit to linking since I don't even have a remote. For fun I scrolled through the ECommand4 controller menu and the only SWCG cell choices were T-CELL-5 and T-CELL-15, so I guess I wouldn't even bother linking if I go with a T-CELL-9. Does all that make sense?
Thank for any feedback.

Get the T-15.

Running the T-15 cell at 80% 8 hours/day will generate 3.7ppm of FC.

Yes, you need the full Aquarite system with controller.

Do you have a spa?

FAFAF9DC-0699-47A0-9CA8-4D2943A19203.png

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.