DFW
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
If you are comparing tablets, make sure you have accurate prices as those have also gone up along with seemingly everything else pool related (and not pool related too).

Also keep in mind that if you just use pucks, you will have to drain and refill every few years to keep the CYA from building up, so add that cost into the equation.

Without doing the math, I would believe the numbers would be similar but the convenience factor of the SWCG trumps any minor cost savings. I also like being able to whip out my phone and "add more chlorine" from anywhere in the world.
Hey there, we're in Prosper as well and thinking of going saltwater. Any local weather issues, like long HOT summers, that would influence type of SWGC to buy? Or any other things I need to think about? Thanks for any help or feedback.

Moved from here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to TFP! :wave: I'm placing some links below to help you get started. Rule of thumb for SWGs - get one at least 2X the size of your pool. Other than that, automation compatibility may be an issue for you, so look at those models as they apply. If you have more questions let us know.

Pool Care Basics

Reactions: Tungsten51
Welcome to TFP! :wave: I'm placing some links below to help you get started. Rule of thumb for SWGs - get one at least 2X the size of your pool. Other than that, automation compatibility may be an issue for you, so look at those models as they apply. If you have more questions let us know.

Pool Care Basics

Thank you

Reactions: Texas Splash
Another think folks need to consider is the price for replacement cells. I read threads and some are expensive but the one for my Edge40 Is $595 and was $340 back in 2020.
Wish I had bought one then and stored it.

Pool Care Basics

Another Q, our coping, spa waterfall, and water features, is a soft stone and I know salt is not ideal, is it a deal killer? Or is it comparable to chlorine?

our coping, spa waterfall, and water features, is a soft stone and I know salt is not ideal, is it a deal killer? Or is it comparable to chlorine?
If you were to ask a pool builder, many of them seem to freak and go into salt panic mode. Ask us here and we hold very little value to the relationship between the low ~3,500 ppm value of saline in a pool versus stone degradation. Most often, patio stones flake or discolor simply because of the type of stone it is and not because of the saline content in the water.

Reactions: markayash
If you were to ask a pool builder, many of them seem to freak and go into salt panic mode. Ask us here and we hold very little value to the relationship between the low ~3,500 ppm value of saline in a pool versus stone degradation. Most often, patio stones flake or discolor simply because of the type of stone it is and not because of the saline content in the wate
Thanks. Now I'm going to figure out how to wire it up. 😎

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.