CircuPool CORE55 Salt Chlorine Generator

Denis,

I have not heard about that specific cell, but we have seen some pretty positive reviews of other Circupool cells from our members.

Maybe this post will get it before some different eyes..

Thanks,

Jim R.

The CORE is the all in one Circupool SWCG. The electronic controls, etc are on the cell. So I would be concerned with the exposure to the elements.

The EDGE is their newest version. The controls are a separate unit that can be placed in a bit more controlled environment.

Let me know what you decide..I am looking at the Rj45 but leaning toward the Edge40..Worried about having everything exposed on the CORE..Mine is in direct sunlight with a few tall tree's that like to drop stuff every once in a while

FYI, I have a 18K pool and emailed Circupool about the Rj45 and Edge40..here is their reply
I went with the Edge 40

Both of those systems are great! On the RJ system, you can adjust the chlorine output in 5% increments where the Edge is adjustable in 25% increments. The RJ also has an LCD screen that will give you the pool water temperature as well as the salinity of the water where the Edge has LED lights to give you information. You might find that you have a better ability to adjust output on the RJ, especially if you are running 24/7.

Thanks for the input guys. Is the 40 edge ok for 22k gallon? I wanted to go larger but also wanted the latest model

Note that the RJ45+ can generate 2.00 lbs/day Chlorine while the EDGE40 can generate 1.70 lbs/day Chlorine.

The RJ45+ has about 15% more generating capacity then the EDGE 40.

I don't think the latest model means it is better then older models. The EDGE40 has a simpler display, simplier controls, and lower generating capacity to be at a lower price point or more profitable.

When I bought mine the Edge40 was $120 less..The replacement call for the edge is $380 vs $539 according to discount salt.

What I have leaned here is trust the salt level of a test strip over the unit so I didn't really care about that part..All depends on what your looking for :)

I see that the Edge 40 has a great price now on discount salt pools so leaning toward that now. I just am not going to install until April so I have to check return policy if I have issues. Just 2 questions: 1. Is the Edge 40 ok for 22k gallon pool in NJ? Should be over sized enough. right? 2. I see that most people are stopping the SWG from running while in spa mode. Is that to not generate too much chlorine in the spa only or does that 100+ degrees damage the unit if running? or both?

D,

In your location a 40K SWCG will work just fine in a 22K pool.

You don't want to have the SWCG feed the spa, when in the spa mode, as you will have too much chlorine in a small body of water. Pools with automation automatically reduce the amount of chlorine that the cell produces when in the Spa mode.

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I see that the Edge 40 has a great price now on discount salt pools so leaning toward that now. I just am not going to install until April so I have to check return policy if I have issues. Just 2 questions: 1. Is the Edge 40 ok for 22k gallon pool in NJ? Should be over sized enough. right? 2. I see that most people are stopping the SWG from running while in spa mode. Is that to not generate too much chlorine in the spa only or does that 100+ degrees damage the unit if running? or both?

The $1 upgrade is a good deal. I am a online shopper and nobody seems to beat or even match discount salts price.

Reactions: wireform
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.