Circupool Core55 reading Low Cell Life

ogtriple

May 17, 2022
Southeast Florida
I installed a Core55 SWG in May of last year and I noticed today I'm getting a Low Cell Life red light on the unit. I'm located in South Florida, I run my pump 10 hours a day at variable speeds, just enough to circulate the water twice per day. The pool is 20k gallons, and the chemistry as far I can tell I has been rock solid, I've been using the same weekly pool maintenance guy for about 2 years and he emails me the pool chemistry every week.

The Core55 is rated for 55k gallons max, which has me wondering how the cell can already be depleted after just over 1 year of use. In the winter months I only run the pump for 5 hours a day also, so it's not like I'm going nuts running the generator too hard. Anyone have this issue before or know if the cell is covered under warranty for premature wear?

I have since cleaned the cell for the second time since owning it, not much build up between the fins but I did it anyway. Re-connected the cell to the controller, and now I am getting a red light on the unit to Clean Cell as well as the red light for Cell Life Low. Going to call Circupool later on today and find out what my options are.

I haven't tested on my own in awhile, but my pool tech that comes every week uses a Taylor kit although I'm not sure which one it is. Here are the latest results:

Free Chlorine: 5
pH: 8
Total Alkalinity: 110ppm
Salt: 3200ppm

He also added 1 gallon of muriatic acid on that day. If I go through the logs the numbers are very consistent other than a few weeks where we had excessive rain and needed to add salt.

If they added one gallon of 31.45% acid to your pool, they dropped the pH into the 6's. Never a good thing.

At what % generation do you run the SWCG? What is your CYA? CH?

Reactions: Mdragger88
I asked my tech about the muriatic acid, it's because his company only bills by the container, so he actually used half a gallon and left the other half on the side of my house for future use. The CYA and CH get's tested bi-weekly, last weeks test results were 40ppm CYA and 320ppm CH. The unit runs at level 2 mostly with the very rare level 3 or 4 if I have a pool party and there is a lot of people using it. I actually just got off the phone with a gentlemen from CircuPool and he has sent me a shipping label so I can send the unit to them to test and either fix or replace. I will leave another reply when I find out more information.

Reactions: mknauss
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.