Chemical Disaster -

I would probably not add anything at this time.

Wait for the fc to drop below 10 and recheck everything.

How does everything look now?

Are your filters still turning green/blue/turquoise?

What is CSI? I do not see that in the kit?
CSI is Calcium saturation index, basically a measure of how much calcium is in the water. Not enough calcium and it is a negative value, too much calcium and it’s a positive value.
Look at Post #139 and on the bottom right hand corner is the CSI level. In PoolMath, click on the box and you should see a value.Do you want to be as close to zero as possible but anything between -0.3 and +0.3 is good.
Read here for more info.

I would probably not add anything at this time.

Wait for the fc to drop below 10 and recheck everything.

How does everything look now?
The shell has random dark spots on the bottom that are not coming off. The water line around the entire pool is pretty bad. The step walls have brown spotting. Everything appears like it will come off with a good scrubbing except for the spots on the bottom of the pool.
Are your filters still turning green/blue/turquoise?
We put a new filter in a few days ago. It has a bit of blue in the creases but it is pretty dirty for being so new.D6502250-E19A-47B7-B75F-EDC262C9DC74.jpeg
872A17C4-6C8F-4A5C-A81D-F73DD4C0011B.jpeg6F04F0C8-CB9A-4A81-815D-7399345C81C7.jpeg

CSI is Calcium saturation index, basically a measure of how much calcium is in the water. Not enough calcium and it is a negative value, too much calcium and it’s a positive value.
Look at Post #139 and on the bottom right hand corner is the CSI level. In PoolMath, click on the box and you should see a value.Do you want to be as close to zero as possible but anything between -0.3 and +0.3 is good.
Read here for more info.
Got it, thanks. When I went back into my Pool Math to add the temp and it will not allow me to update it. Do I need to re-enter all my info again?

You should be ok to use the heater again.

You will probably get more copper from it for a while until the corrosion is mostly dissolved.

Keep an eye on the heater for leaks as the exchanger might fail at some point depending on how bad the corrosion is.

Manage the chemistry and don't let the CSI go too high.

Reactions: LimaBeans
You should be ok to use the heater again.

You will probably get more copper from it for a while until the corrosion is mostly dissolved.

Keep an eye on the heater for leaks as the exchanger might fail at some point depending on how bad the corrosion is.

Manage the chemistry and don't let the CSI go too high.
Should I have the heater serviced? Would they be able to check and tell me if something is wrong

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You can have it looked at if you feel like something might be wrong with it.

Most of the damage will be inside the heat exchanger.

If it's not leaking, there's probably not much to see unless you tear the whole thing apart.

Reactions: LimaBeans
Watch the FC closely as the weather warms up and the sun angle changes you may need to buffer the chlorine a bit more. Keep the chlorine to the higher side a little bit just for extra insurance.
Will do!! I have a feeling FC and I are going to become BFFs. Our pool is in direct sunlight with no shade starting at noon until sunset.

• Haha
Reactions: newdude and kimkats

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.