Chemical Disaster -

Trying to understand if I need to do additional math with this reading to determine how much I need to add. Is the 6.2oz what I add or do I need to multiply by my pool volume?
You should have inputed your pool volume already in the Math App settings for your pool. Then any calculations it makes is based on your pool's volume.

Reactions: kimkats
Trying to understand if I need to do additional math with this reading to determine how much I need to add. Is the 6.2oz what I add or do I need to multiply by my pool volume?View attachment 328185
No math needed. Though the pH looks fine Unless you’re trying to lower the TA. Be careful trying to chase exact numbers. 😁

Ok friends - so since we got the pool balanced sometimes after we add FC these marks show up all over the pool. At first I thought it was a build up from all the calcium and copper we were fixing. We use a robot to clean it but it doesn’t touch these. If we hand scrub it will come off but I can’t so the entire pool by hand 🤷🏼‍♀️🤦‍♀️.
Should I hire someone to come clean it with a stronger machine? Any advice? TIA. 3D8A78CD-5DD9-4693-A430-ECC946FF1E92.jpegF70AD57A-4B77-4FA4-9B77-D373881649D7.jpeg

Test for iron first.

Reactions: kimkats
Test for iron first.
Ok - I am pretty confident that it is copper staining. However, I am not comfortable doing this type of treatment on my own. I have been looking for a company online that specializes in stain removal but I am so gun shy with hiring people b/c of all the mishaps that have taken place with this pool over the last 2 years. I found this website and wanted to see if any of you have heard of it and/or would recommend it?

Copper stains are very hard to remove. And when you do get them to release, you need to drain the pool to rid it of the copper.
You use sulfamic acid to remove the copper stains. You must bypass the heater as the acid will destroy it.

With a fiberglass pool in Florida, draining it will be an issue.

Ponder those things prior to deciding if you want to remove the stains, or live with them.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.