Spent some time today during a slow period on TFP working on a personal project I’ve wanted for some time. Over the last year or two I’ve purchased multiple smart plugs that power certain items around the house and I purchased several sensors that monitor major areas of concern at the house. Today I created a Siri shortcut that reviews data from all these sensors and checks the power state of several items to create an overview of the house. Additionally this shortcut lets me know details of the weather plus my calendar events for the day.

I used to have a shortcut that checked things out but it was very repetitive and didn’t really give good details about the house. Since OpenAI’s iOS app now supports Siri Shortcuts I was able to feed data into a prompt that allows ChatGPT to create a personal daily summary that I will now have set to run every morning

Spent some time today during a slow period on TFP working on a personal project I’ve wanted for some time. Over the last year or two I’ve purchased multiple smart plugs that power certain items around the house and I purchased several sensors that monitor major areas of concern at the house. Today I created a Siri shortcut that reviews data from all these sensors and checks the power state of several items to create an overview of the house. Additionally this shortcut lets me know details of the weather plus my calendar events for the day.

I used to have a shortcut that checked things out but it was very repetitive and didn’t really give good details about the house. Since OpenAI’s iOS app now supports Siri Shortcuts I was able to feed data into a prompt that allows ChatGPT to create a personal daily summary that I will now have set to run every morning

You are a lot smarter than me with the AI technology - this is a great function you created. Thanks for sharing

Ha ha. We need to do something about that.
TFP is by far the best there are thousands of years experience on here,between all the pool industry people,poolmen,repairmen and pool owners there isn’t anything you cannot find on here.Isnt Pool Forum basically abandoned now?I was on it for years but switched to TFP because it’s easily without question the best forum ever made/ created for pools and anything pool or hot tub related.

here.Isnt Pool Forum basically abandoned now?
Yeah, I'm not sure there is any activity there any longer. Thank you for the positive feedback. We are fortunate to have many great volunteers.

If it was not for this forum my pool build would have been very sub par even though I had family building it. If it wasn’t for the members I have become friends with my upkeep and start up would have been a fail.
These guys are awesome I have been in the pool industry for twenty five years now,and when I get stumped on something I go here and find the answers. You can always learn something new everyday regardless of your experience and knowledge.This forum is a Godsend!!Thank you guys for all that you do.I just got into an argument with a co worker about the Frog@Ease system and I tried to explain why it is not good and she wouldn’t listen to me and I just laughed.Don’t try to explain the truth to someone who doesn’t want the truth.They can’t admit they were bamboozled by the marketing and misinformation.I know you guys will enjoy that interaction for a chuckle.

You are a lot smarter than me with the AI technology - this is a great function you created. Thanks for sharing
Over the last year I’ve really watched AI technology as it’s shaping up to really alter the technology game. The amount of money Google, Apple, and Microsoft are spending on AI is putting it into a “no fail” position, so I’d prefer to get a jump on the technology rather than waiting.

So it'll be too big to fail ? That's an interesting concept. 🤔

Many of these massive tech companies have used AI technology for years, and they know how beneficial it’s going to be for their bottom lines. There’s no doubt in my mind each of these companies will open up the checkbook to fix a problem they run into.

The first prime example of this is Apples purchase of both XNOR and Silk labs. These two companies focus on “local on device” AI which is a major focus of Apple. By preforming AI on device Apple will be able to sell the “privacy” which is major for them.

A second example occurred at Microsoft last year during the “firing” of Sam Altman which led to Microsoft offering any employee at OpenAI a job offer just to keep things moving forward. Even while Microsoft was laying off employees to hit their bottom line, they were ready to hire thousands to make sure AI kept moving forward.

These tech companies will spend a ton of money to stay in the AI tech game…….

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.