Cannot connect to TFP using Tapatalk

JoyfulNoise

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
May 23, 2015
Tucson, AZ
TFP will no longer be using Tapatalk. There are many technical and software related issues that make it impractical to try to integrate. While the decision to drop TAT was bound to cause minor issues for users, long term it is a better strategy for TFP.

Sorry for the inconvenience. @Leebo , the forum Admin, can better explain it.

JoyfulNoise

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
May 23, 2015
Tucson, AZ
I primarily use TFP through Chrome on my iPhone 7+ (smaller screen than a 7” tablet for sure). Works fine for my needs.

What’s the issue with the tablet?

Leebo

Admin
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 21, 2011
Eastern Ohio
Kevin,
If I may ask, what tablet do you use exactly? I'd like to run it in the Emulator. I've tried it on a very old Nextbook I've got and it ran fine in Chrome but I'd like to make sure before Summer hits.

gdfein

Gold Supporter
Jun 25, 2012
Conroe, TX
As a user, I like TAT as it nicely aggregates various forums of my diverse interests and puts all my followed threads in a notification feed.

It was one stop shop for me. Separate browser favorites is more effort. Just saying it will likely lead me to be on TFP and contributing less frequently.

KDpoolguy

Bronze Supporter
Mar 5, 2017
Palm Desert, CA
Kevin,
If I may ask, what tablet do you use exactly? I'd like to run it in the Emulator. I've tried it on a very old Nextbook I've got and it ran fine in Chrome but I'd like to make sure before Summer hits.
Lee, I use Tapatalk in iOS products: IPad & iPhone. It was just more convenient to organize posts and search, though it did have its drawbacks. I’m giving the new platform a shot through the Apple browser (Safari) on my iOS devices and it’s working well.
I also use a Fire Tablet (Amazon) and they have their own proprietary browser and I’ve yet to try it on there. Does that help?