Cannot connect to TFP using Tapatalk

TFP will no longer be using Tapatalk. There are many technical and software related issues that make it impractical to try to integrate. While the decision to drop TAT was bound to cause minor issues for users, long term it is a better strategy for TFP.

Sorry for the inconvenience. @Leebo , the forum Admin, can better explain it.

When using an Android tablet, what is the best way to go now to use TFP. Just TFP com wont cut it on a 7" tablet.

@Leebo needs to look into that and get a “style sheet” that works for that format device.

Have you tried Firefox mobile browser. Works well on my iPad and iPhone. Not sure about Android.

I primarily use TFP through Chrome on my iPhone 7+ (smaller screen than a 7” tablet for sure). Works fine for my needs.

What’s the issue with the tablet?

Kevin,
If I may ask, what tablet do you use exactly? I'd like to run it in the Emulator. I've tried it on a very old Nextbook I've got and it ran fine in Chrome but I'd like to make sure before Summer hits.

lI run a couple of older Auto forums and as a forum owner admin Tapatalk is PAINFUL
They siphon off ad revenue and offer little to no benefit now that phones and modern HTML easily resize for tablets and phones ...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
As a user, I like TAT as it nicely aggregates various forums of my diverse interests and puts all my followed threads in a notification feed.

It was one stop shop for me. Separate browser favorites is more effort. Just saying it will likely lead me to be on TFP and contributing less frequently.

Kevin,
If I may ask, what tablet do you use exactly? I'd like to run it in the Emulator. I've tried it on a very old Nextbook I've got and it ran fine in Chrome but I'd like to make sure before Summer hits.

Lee, I use Tapatalk in iOS products: IPad & iPhone. It was just more convenient to organize posts and search, though it did have its drawbacks. I’m giving the new platform a shot through the Apple browser (Safari) on my iOS devices and it’s working well.
I also use a Fire Tablet (Amazon) and they have their own proprietary browser and I’ve yet to try it on there. Does that help?

I think it more about following 3-4 Key Forums without having to check each one. If TFP was the only forum I monitored, no worries.

But I am a Moderator on one and then follow 4-5 other and trying to keep up is impossible. So it is more about the streamlining and workflow. But it is what it is, it will just mean I will miss stuff on this forum unless I consciously log in.

Before the migration what do you think was the number one most frequently asked question I would get at our support email address???
How do I ask a question?

I would get that question multiple times per day. As a website, that was embarrassing. We owe our users better. That was a huge reason why the decision was made to drop Tapatalk. We moved away to simplify things for our users. Asking questions is now a natural thing. All users are viewing the same thing. All modifications work on all devices. Sure, some power users may be have to alter their habits some, but in order to keep TFP running......it was a must.

Reactions: Silver_2000
@Leebo

Wait....what’s my password again?? I have no idea what my login username is either or which one of my 15 different email addresses I used to setup my account with BUT I’m sure as admin you can magically tell me what I need to know....

:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Silver_2000

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.