Connection issue with Robot

SCV_Steven

Mar 16, 2024
Los Angeles
I have the same issue, except with the Polaris 9650IQ robotic pool cleaner. It always connected just fine (through both my ATT and EERO), and then something changed. Nothing on my network changed. I spent a long time on with support and couldn't get it figured out. They sent me a new control box, same thing so it's not the control box. I should mention it communicates with my phone, it just won't connect to WIFI (even when choosing 2.5ghz and turning off 5ghz on EERO). After another session with support, they were able to get it to connect to my iPads Hotspot but not WIFI. Very strange. In any case, the robotic cleaners have no antenna nor an internal wired/WIFI switch to toggle.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Moved from here.

Probably the cypher. Mine had this issue once and I reverted to an older cypher. This setting would be in your router.

I have the same issue, except with the Polaris 9650IQ robotic pool cleaner. It always connected just fine (through both my ATT and EERO), and then something changed. Nothing on my network changed. I spent a long time on with support and couldn't get it figured out. They sent me a new control box, same thing so it's not the control box. I should mention it communicates with my phone, it just won't connect to WIFI (even when choosing 2.5ghz and turning off 5ghz on EERO). After another session with support, they were able to get it to connect to my iPads Hotspot but not WIFI. Very strange. In any case, the robotic cleaners have no antenna nor an internal wired/WIFI switch to toggle.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Moved from here.
I feel your pain. Spent 30 min on the phone with their support folks who also had me join a personal hotspot from the wife’s phone to verify it wasn’t the control unit. I’m sitting her racking my brain trying to toggle every little setting in my Deco app to see if something fixes it…..looking into the “cypher” now as poolgate suggested, but I’ve never heard of that so this should be a fun learning experience 😝

Is it possible to set a static IP for the robot instead of DHCP?
Maybe you can identiify the MAC address of the robot and use that to assign it a static IP in your network.
I had a similar issue with a friends NVR for his security cameras recently. Assigning a static IP resolved it.

Is it possible to set a static IP for the robot instead of DHCP?
Maybe you can identiify the MAC address of the robot and use that to assign it a static IP in your network.
I had a similar issue with a friends NVR for his security cameras recently. Assigning a static IP resolved it.
i wish I knew what that meant or how to do that. I know what a MAC address is and how to access them on your phones and other devices, but this g******n control unit has nothing about a MAC address. I managed to set the control unit up on my personal hotspot with my phone and I THINK I can see the MAC address in the settings, but I have zero clue if it’s actually a MAC address

Attachments

• IMG_2432.jpeg
    IMG_2432.jpeg
    252.2 KB · Views: 4
@proavia I was able to track down the MAC address of the robot and reserved an IP Address, but it didn’t work - thanks for the suggestion tho!!
Sorry that didn't work - was worth a try....
But hopefully at least you learned how to reserve an IP address in case you ever need that in the future for other network connected devices.

Odd that it will connect to your phone's hotspot but not your home network.

Check these settings.....

2.4 GHz Wireless Status​

Radio Enabled:
Yes
SSID:
CAL1572
Channel Selection:
Manual
Current Channel:
Channel Width:
20 MHz
Security Enabled: