Can someone tell me what this scary junk is?

OH MY! I have not seen that one before!!! Have you felt it?

I would get a vinyl patch kit just in case then see if you take it off without hurting the liner. I want to see it when you get it off.

Can you rub the dark stains off?

I was going to "argue" with you but when I went back and looked at the wall and see why you say it is a plaster pool. I was looking more at the upper part that is what made me think it was liner...................plaster crack makes a LOT more sense!!! Good call!

Reactions: Joeknowskinda
It's probably rust from rebar or steel wire below the surface. You can scrape it off.

Try a magnet on the area to detect metal below the surface.

You're going to need to cut out the plaster and steel near the surface and patch with some new plaster.

Reactions: Joeknowskinda
OH MY! I have not seen that one before!!! Have you felt it?

I would get a vinyl patch kit just in case then see if you take it off without hurting the liner. I want to see it when you get it off.

Can you rub the dark stains off?
It just becomes dust when you try to touch it. I am pretty sure they are right that it is rust coming from rebar in the plaster

Reactions: Katodude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.