Calling all Pureline SWG owners

^^^^Seems like you have been looking at the Pureline for several years(2019)….post #8. Test it out and let us know!

I did consider it when I bought my Edge 40. Discount Salt said they would offer me 20% off a new cell then charged my card and ghosted me. Never shipped it or would even confirm it was ordered..Not the customer service I expected so will give them another day.

When I bought this house 20 years ago I was told it's an 18K pool so the edge 40 was perfect..Then later I actually checked it and its closer to 23K so should have got a bigger one anyway, So if the cell replacement doesn't work out I will take advantage of the inyo deal.

• Love
Reactions: PoolStored
I just ordered it, shouldn't be hard to replace it so will keep the group updated.
Only has a 1 year warranty but starting to think that doesn't matter anyway

I have used INYO in the past and they seem like good guys and will make any wrong right.

Reactions: newdude
They got me my pump in a couple of days and my SWG in a couple of weeks when nobody had them. The controller part of the order went south and they stepped in and made it right.

Reactions: markayash
I have the Pureline, my only regret is that I paid too much for mine (though it was still cheaper than all available 60k competitors at the time). At today's price it's a no-brainer.

Reactions: markayash
You have a similar size pool
As mine, what percent do you run yours at? I had to SLAM since it got algae when the old cell died
My pool is a little bigger at 30K gallons. With a CYA of 70 ppm, I have mine set at 22% running 24/7 and it maintains my FC at 10 ppm. Per Pool Math using that setting, my Pureline 60k should be adding 2.7 ppm per day. I've got somewhere between 2500 and 3000 operating hours on my cell based on counting the number of Check Inspect Cell lights. (lights every 500 hrs). I purchased the system in 2019 for $650 with a 1-year warranty. At that time there were purchasing options for a two and three-year warranty at an additional $100 per year. I haven't had any issues that were not self-imposed—one time I left the door open on the power supply and the power setting potenitmoter got wet resulting in not being able to adjust the power level. I had to replace the display board.

Last edited:
Disclaimers:
-This is my first SWG and first summer season with it, so I'm still learning how to set the cell + how the pool responds.
-I use test strips (heresy, I know...). Once I use up my supply I'll pick up a Taylor kit.
-I did experience a nasty bout of algae about a month ago, which I did get cleared up. In retrospect I likely didn't ramp the SWG quickly enough, and may have had some hidden algae before I installed the SWG, which got out of hand. I probably should've SLAM'd the pool just before installing the SWG, just to be sure I was starting with 0 algae.

With all that said - with 100+ degree summer days, partial sun, CYA ~70, and running my VS pump 20 hours a day, I've got the cell at 50% and it seems to be keeping the chlorine steady at around 4-5ppm. Water has been crystal clear with 0 visible algae for the past month.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Have had mine for a few years and no problems with it
I do have it installed with the bubble on the cell facing down
If it’s facing up I get check cell when running at low speeds
For my pool I have it set at 55% and runs about 8 hours a day

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.