C-19 Vaccine-I got one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my second shot today. 😀👍

Ugh, the process was a complete opposite of last time. The company that ran the mass clinic for my first dose had the process down pat; efficient, smooth, on time. I was in and out in 20 minutes. This time was a different company. They only had 4 people doing check in and only 3 administering shots (this is suppose to be a mass clinic!). My appointment was 1:15, but did not get my shot until 2:30. I was there 2 hours; most all that time standing in line waiting (with my back issues it was difficult). 😖

Now I have a big headache, but don’t know if it’s from the vaccine or from the experience.
So far so good on the second Moderna a day after. Sore arm, a minor headache and a little tired; nothing significant.

I got my J&J shot yesterday. Was planning on having a bad reaction since I had COVID, but I was very mild. I had a dull headache before bed last night but that was easily cured by advil. No other symptoms other than a very slight sore arm.

Luckily for me, having COVID was very mild and not a big deal, the same with the vaccine. I'm so ready to be done with all of this.

Last edited:
We had our first somewhat normal get together at our house yesterday since the start of the pandemic with three other relatives who are also vaccinated. I must admit it felt a bit odd at first, but it was very nice. Next weekend we’re having some friends over for a cookout (friends also vaccinated).

👍👍👍

I am so grateful that my daughter and I were fully vaxed when my brother, who also lives here, was diagnosed with COVID 10 days ago! He is finally coming out of it but was sick as a dog for several days, to the point of delirium one day... thought we were going to have to call rescue.

He was all “I’m not getting vaccinated“ beforehand. Today he asked his doctor how long he has to wait to get the vaccine. 🙄

• Wow
Reactions: newdude and kimkats
We did it on the family plan because our son, Patrick, is still squeamish about needles, at the age of 42! If we'd left it up to him, he'd never have gotten vax'ed! It's a struggle every year to get his flu shot, because of that.

So we do that on the family plan, too. All three of us trouping into CVS to get our yearly jab. It's a picture!

Reactions: newdude and mguzzy
We did it on the family plan because our son, Patrick, is still squeamish about needles, at the age of 42! If we'd left it up to him, he'd never have gotten vax'ed! It's a struggle every year to get his flu shot, because of that.

So we do that on the family plan, too. All three of us trouping into CVS to get our yearly jab. It's a picture!
I made my 37 year old daughter’s appt. if I had left it up to her, it wouldn’t have happened. And she has an autoimmune condition so it was really important for her to get the vax.

My daughter (17 year old) & I (48 year old) had COVID back at the end of October 2020. We have blood work done monthly to test for antibodies. We both continue to have antibodies 7 months later :)

My question for the folks reporting here is, of those that have received the vaccine, how many of you had the following:
- COVID with symptoms
- confirmed COVID with a positive antigen test while you had symptoms
- confirmed after a month (or longer) of being symptom free via blood test that you had COVID antibodies
- confirmed before your 1st vaccine injection that you continued to have antibodies

If you fit all the above and you had antibodies right before your 1st injection, how was your post vax experience?
Symptoms/ side effects?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I didn't want to start a new thread so I'm going to dump in this one. If a mod wants to move it, I'm fine with moving it.

My husband refused the vaccine. He was adamant about not getting it. He's in the ER right now fighting COVID with low oxygen levels after just recieving the casirivimab and imdevimab infusion. They referred him to the Emergency Room where I am not allowed to be with him because he's covid positive. I find that ridiculous since there is a sign that says he can have 1 visitor.

I'm not sure what is going to happen but if you could keep him in your prayers (if you pray) I'd appreciate! I was on the fence about my 3rd booster shot. I'm getting it tomorrow morning. He told me this morning that he doesn't know if he's going to get through this and if he does, he'll get vaccinated.

If any of you are not vaccinated yet, I just want you to know that my husband is dying for air right now. He has not eaten in over a week. He can not stay up for more than 20 minutes while going between fever n chills. He's the sickest I have ever seen him in 10 years. He thought he would never get it. I can't even be in his room right now because the hospital won't let me.

I was on the fence about my 3rd booster shot
So was I when they all disagreed on if it really mattered. *Nobody* said it was harmful in any capacity, but there was no clear winner whether it got results. Now that they all are saying it helps, I’ll be getting my 3rd as well.

*well wishes enroute as we speak sis*.

Reactions: Snoobug and Casey
Long Distance Love GIF by Chibird

I can't imagine how hard this is for you, Casey. Sending you so much love!

Reactions: Casey
I feel so empty because I cant do anything for him. He's got to fight this and he's got to do it alone right now because they will not allow me in there because he's positive. I don't know what his outcome will be whether he lives or not but if he's dying in the hospital they are going to make him die alone and that is so soul crushing! I cant stand it. I have stood by that man through our worst n I can't do anything for him right now. I cant even hold his hand.

I was on the fence about my 3rd booster shot. I'm getting it tomorrow morning.

Prayers for your husbands recovery.

Get a flu shot also. Now is not the time to get sick for any reason.

Wife and I both got our 3rd doses of Pfizer. Booster was a poor name for the 3rd shot. Turns out they should have just planned on a 3 dose regime spaced 3 to 6 months apart.

My GF has asthma among a few things that make her very vulnerable and last year when Covid was setting in she had a severe attack and I had to take her to the ER. Have had to do that before and unfortunately I know the waiting room and it's amenities like free coffee and where they keep the pretzels and cookies all to well along with the best places to park at two hospitals. A sure sign of being there too often. This time was totally different. Walked her into the ER and the waiting room was walled off and dark and the receptionist was walled with plexiglass from the desk to the ceiling. Security guard in protective gear and the receptionist. From the beginning I was being told to leave and I'd be called.
My GF didn't have any breath and couldn't really answer the intake questions but they still hustled me out the door. But not before a nurse with a wheel chair came out in full PPG head to toe loading up my GF. The sight of her in full gear scared the heck out of me. All I could see in my head was the videos from the news about the situation in NY, not enough respirators, refrigerated trucks to store the dead as the morgues where overflowing and the thought that I might have seen her for the last time and if I was lucky might get a chance to say goodbye on a cell phone if one was available.
Luckily in her case it was just asthma and after a steroid treatment I did get a call to come pick her up, outside. I can say I totally understand the pain and fear you're feeling. I'm just so angry how this one shot has become so politicized with people choosing to put themselves and others at risk. I have a friend who was vaccinated and still caught it. It was very rough on her and she's had a long road back and she's still not back to "normal". The worst part is once you get it it can be dilatating for a long time after. Praying for a quick and complete recovery for your husband.
For those still unvaccinated, please don't wait till something like this happens to you, a family member or friend to convince you to get the shot and or booster.

Last edited by a moderator:
He's got to fight this and he's got to do it alone right now because they will not allow me in there because he's positive.
He may be without you physically, but I'm sure he knows that you are still by his side. I'll pray for you and your husband that he may have a quick and complete recovery, and for the hand of God to be on the medical professionals caring for him as well.

Reactions: Casey
I didn't want to start a new thread so I'm going to dump in this one. If a mod wants to move it, I'm fine with moving it.

My husband refused the vaccine. He was adamant about not getting it. He's in the ER right now fighting COVID with low oxygen levels after just recieving the casirivimab and imdevimab infusion. They referred him to the Emergency Room where I am not allowed to be with him because he's covid positive. I find that ridiculous since there is a sign that says he can have 1 visitor.

I'm not sure what is going to happen but if you could keep him in your prayers (if you pray) I'd appreciate! I was on the fence about my 3rd booster shot. I'm getting it tomorrow morning. He told me this morning that he doesn't know if he's going to get through this and if he does, he'll get vaccinated.

If any of you are not vaccinated yet, I just want you to know that my husband is dying for air right now. He has not eaten in over a week. He can not stay up for more than 20 minutes while going between fever n chills. He's the sickest I have ever seen him in 10 years. He thought he would never get it. I can't even be in his room right now because the hospital won't let me.
He is certainly in our prayers!

The Covid vaccine, heck - every vaccine is not 100% effective. But, for those who get Covid after the vaccine tend ot have much milder symptoms if any symptoms at all.

Sadly, this has become a political issue rather than a medical issue. Medical professionals I trust including family members say get it if you can, so I did.

I'm just so angry how this one shot has become so politicized with people choosing to put themselves and others at risk
Same. What really tweaks my melons is everyone so anti government. I get it. I do. But why does Ethiopia care about our supposed agenda ? Ireland ? *insert random country*. ?

The same military members balking now lined up like cattle in basic training for whatever they needed, no questions asked. Now all of a sudden it’s a problem. *We the people* are the problem and history will not look back kindly on us.

Police, Fire, or anyone joining a larger employer willfully got whatever they were missing that was deemed safe. Now it’s a big question mark if they didn’t lie last time but are lying this time.

This goes across all political party lines and even ideologies across the world. It’s insane on every level. But here we are.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.