C-19 Vaccine-I got one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moderna #2 completed about an hour ago. Waiting for the Moderna #2 completed about an hour ago. Waiting for the side effects...
I experienced side effects about 7 hours after the shot. Slight fever, chills, body aches. Extreme fatigue, I slept an entire day. Oh and I got an itchy rash on my arm at the injection site that lasted about 4 days. My wife got Pfizer and had no side effects whatsoever.

I'm three weeks after 2nd moderna. Arm was much better than 1st time, but I kept it moving. I just woke up the next day with a splitting headache & tired all day. I guess I was lucky, two advil took care of the headache.

Reactions: newdude
I experienced side effects about 7 hours after the shot. Slight fever, chills, body aches. Extreme fatigue, I slept an entire day. Oh and I got an itchy rash on my arm at the injection site that lasted about 4 days. My wife got Pfizer and had no side effects whatsoever.
You had me hopeful... I felt great yet at 7 hours (8pm).

At 1am, extreme chills. Then I woke up every hour sweating and with my arm throbbing.

Woke up at 6:30 with a migraine. Called in to work, took some pain meds and crashed until 1pm.

I’m up now and I think feeling OK. Still a headache... took some Excedrin and hoping for the best. As long as the worst is over I’m good.

My wife on the other hand, got her Moderna #2 at 6pm yesterday and still feels fine minus a sore arm.

You had me hopeful... I felt great yet at 7 hours (8pm).

At 1am, extreme chills. Then I woke up every hour sweating and with my arm throbbing.

Woke up at 6:30 with a migraine. Called in to work, took some pain meds and crashed until 1pm.

I’m up now and I think feeling OK. Still a headache... took some Excedrin and hoping for the best. As long as the worst is over I’m good.

My wife on the other hand, got her Moderna #2 at 6pm yesterday and still feels fine minus a sore arm.
I’ve never had a vaccine cause side effects before. If the vaccine did what it did to me, I don’t want to know what COVID would have done.

I’ve never had a vaccine cause side effects before. If the vaccine did what it did to me, I don’t want to know what COVID would have done.
I hear that!

Fatigue continued through the day yesterday, now (2 days after) just the sore arm today. It’s also more reassuring knowing that you’re not really sick, your body just thinks you are. Much preferred to feeling that sick (or worse) knowing that your body is fighting a live virus that many people have succumbed to.

I’d take the vaccine any day over the alternative.

I got my second Pfizer shot on Tuesday - felt pretty good at first and thought I would do OK, but by yesterday 20 hours after the shot I was pretty sore all over and had intermittent chills - overall just felt pretty worn out - Today I feel much, much better.

My wife got her 2nd shot Monday - and had no symptoms. My Brother got his 2nd shot the same day as I did and he is doing much worse than I did...nausea, chills, aches.

felt pretty good at first and thought I would do OK, but by yesterday 20 hours after the shot I was pretty sore all over and had intermittent chills
At 20 hours on the nose I got real foggy for an hour. It sucked because i was out grocery shopping at the time. I barely knew where I was a few times. But *poof* an hour later it was my only symptom.

My post-2nd dose update:

First dose on March 30th. Had a sore arm for a day or two and felt a bit achy that night but nothing else.

Second dose on the morning of April 27th. No effects at all for about 12 hours. My arm started getting sore that night and I started getting a little achy again. The next day I felt kind of like I had a cold except with no nasal congestion. Very tired, body ached, but I was still able to get through the day fairly normally. This morning the ache was gone but was still pretty tired. Managed to sneak a nap in and through the course of the day I've gotten back to normal. Not too bad, glad I got it done.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Second dose a week ago 4/22 with both hubby and me -- Moderna. We both experienced chills. I had night sweats, low grade fever, and both had joint aches.

I talked to our son that works for Fujifilm Diosynth Biotechnologies Texas in College Station. He said they've made many successful batches.. . Trials were being done.. . Results going to Africa. . . But then the owners came in and took all the materials so they can't make any more batches. Workers are essentially twiddling their thumbs.

In his opinion a third shot is down the road.

Second dose a week ago 4/22 with both hubby and me -- Moderna. We both experienced chills. I had night sweats, low grade fever, and both had joint aches.

I talked to our son that works for Fujifilm Diosynth Biotechnologies Texas in College Station. He said they've made many successful batches.. . Trials were being done.. . Results going to Africa. . . But then the owners came in and took all the materials so they can't make any more batches. Workers are essentially twiddling their thumbs.

In his opinion a third shot is down the road.
I’m guessing we eventually see an annual booster, targeting different circulating variants, kind of like the flu shot.

I was just talking to one of my Nurse friends about boosters!

So the trainsman has punched my ticket a second time.. I got my second shot today. Of my 4 kids, two are fully vaxed, one is half vaxed and the youngest one is getting his first shot tomorrow. What an adventure that has been. Since he is 3 months shy of his 18th, he can only get the Pfizer one. But most of the clinics don't indicate which shot you get in their online booking system. I have made at least 3 appts and then cancelled them when I called to find out what they were administering. We even tried his big healthcare hospital.. and had to cancel that one because his "in class" instruction started at his high school... Its always something.🤷‍♂️

Got my second shot today. 😀👍

Ugh, the process was a complete opposite of last time. The company that ran the mass clinic for my first dose had the process down pat; efficient, smooth, on time. I was in and out in 20 minutes. This time was a different company. They only had 4 people doing check in and only 3 administering shots (this is suppose to be a mass clinic!). My appointment was 1:15, but did not get my shot until 2:30. I was there 2 hours; most all that time standing in line waiting (with my back issues it was difficult). 😖

Now I have a big headache, but don’t know if it’s from the vaccine or from the experience.

don’t know if it’s from the vaccine or from the experience

With all you probably would have traded at times to get the shots, 2 hours is WAY less than a firstborn. :ROFLMAO:

Glad it worked out, albeit slowly.
Feel better. Drink LOTS of water and relax.

Reactions: Saturn94
So now that I'm fully vacinated. . . . I still had to get a COVID test before cataract surgery. I personally think it's a waste of time but rules are rules. $85 bucks later my nose is swabbed by a lady in full bio-gear. When I told her I was fully vaccinated, she ripped off her head covering and mask and treated me like a normal person.

Even with an appointment I was still there an hour. I'm sure half that time was the lady suiting up. But that's done and it better come out negative, otherwise I'm screaming.

By the way, we swam twice in our new pool last week. !!!! I even floated with the dead queen ants. . .

Reactions: Snoobug and newdude

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.