C-19 Vaccine-I got one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone been able to pick the vaccine they want, or is it still just luck of the draw?

I'm hoping to get the single dose j&j shot, but the doctor says we still have natural immunity until at least June so I can be patient for a few more months.
I went to the FEMA site, because I knew they were letting people pick. Turns out the only had Pfizer left when I got there, but that is what I wanted so it worked out.

VERY well-run operation. I was impressed!

MD is currently about is only about 3% J&J and the others split the rest. There was a larger initial allocation but it hasn’t picked back up yet. For me it was is J&J Ok? Otherwise hang a left.

Has anyone been able to pick the vaccine they want, or is it still just luck of the draw?

I'm hoping to get the single dose j&j shot, but the doctor says we still have natural immunity until at least June so I can be patient for a few more months.
Here in ms you can go on the health dept website & they show which locations have what also you can check individual pharmacies- kroger, walmart, cvs.
it shows which one when u get to the appointment time part

Reactions: JJ_Tex
Just got it a minute ago. I'm hoping that I dont get extremely sick. This one pinched a little more so... it's done. I didnt feel well with the first one.

Reactions: Newdude
Got my 2nd dose Pfizer on Monday. First dose, sore arm, pretty significant bump. Some fatigue, lasted a few hours. Went to bed early and all was good. 2nd dose, no side effects. No bump, no soreness. I didn't miss any work at all.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have been stalking this for a while. I have noticed that Pfizer is at CVS in south Florida, CVS in central has J&J, and Publix has mainly Moderna, but now also has J&J. Anyway got an appt at Publix, got the Moderna and the arm is just a little sore at the injection site.

Got my 2nd dose Pfizer on Monday. First dose, sore arm, pretty significant bump. Some fatigue, lasted a few hours. Went to bed early and all was good. 2nd dose, no side effects. No bump, no soreness. I didn't miss any work at all.
My left shoulder is feeling very sore. Almost like I'm on day 2 after doing shoulders at the gym.

I'm still waiting to feel like death n it really hasn't started yet. I bought nyquil yesterday and took some before I went to bed last night n felt fine this morning. No headaches, aches or real pain. The soreness in my arm went away too. I was anticipating some reaction n got none from the second shot other than the really sore arm.

As of April 1st, anyone over 16 years old will be eligible to make an appointment at any of the Arizona State run vaccination sites. We are soon going have a shortage of demand vs supply.

Reactions: mknauss
Hubby and I got our first dose yesterday. Even with a jammed parking lot and line of cars to follow out on a busy street, we were in and out in a half an hour (including the 15 minute wait time to make sure you're okay). It was well run with many many helpers and the National Guard assisting.

Amazingly enough the 50+ group hadn't stepped up to book slots quickly. In fact, sign in is so slow they opened up this week to more of the general public. So plenty of openings. Hubby gets three shots each month for his EGPA so with that in mind, we waited until a few days past that. .. . So far so good. I was out planting in our back yard, walking the dogs, and doing all the normal stuff. We were given the Moderna shot. Second shot is drive thru and that's the reason the parking lot was so busy.

Woke up this morning completely fine. Why didnt I have any side effects? It's like I didnt react at all except a sore arm. I'm puzzled.

Woke up this morning completely fine. Why didnt I have any side effects? It's like I didnt react at all except a sore arm. I'm puzzled.

Yeah, my wife had no side effects and kept on wondering if she got a dud shot.

Be happy!

Reactions: Casey

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.