Kershaw, South Carolina
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Maybe RDspaguy can help here..
My daughter and SIL just bought a house with a pool with a "connected" hot tub. I'm not real familiar with the built in hot tub as I've always had a stand alone one. Anyway, the tub and pool can be run separate. Ok, finally my question... when they turn the air feature on in the hot tub instead of "micro bubbles" like my standalone has it's like they turn a compressor on full blast and run it through the jets!! Water sprays all over and its supper loud and annoying. Is this normal or can something be done to fix it??

when they turn the air feature on in the hot tub instead of "micro bubbles" like my standalone has it's like they turn a compressor on full blast and run it through the jets!! Water sprays all over and its supper loud and annoying. Is this normal or can something be done to fix it??

It sounds like they have an air blower that is oversized on their hot tub. Builders often do not get the air bubbles properly designed and it takes a good builder with experience to get it right.

This wiki describes some ways some of the air can be vented from the spa air blower if it is too strong...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.