Metal brush is not a good idea. A normal pool brush should manage whatever brushing needs you have.

Air temperature has little effect on pool water chemistry.

Stay at SLAM levels until you pass the three criteria. Then take the FC to MA levels for 24 hours.

You won't find these testing reagents at most local places, for a few reasons: 1) they have a shelf life of only 1-2 years and most places won't stock things that short unless they have significant turnaround of product, and 2) they make it harder for them to sell you magic potions to clear your pool since you're not coming in all the time to have them do tests for you.

Purchase online is the best way to go. If you run out, then you can add 5ppm of chlorine daily to the pool as a stop-gap measure and keep SLAMming after you get your reagents in.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well since the idea of a SLAM is to Maintain.. so essentially your SLAM would be put on hold since you won't be able to monitor it. If you don't have someone to help maintain the Level... you'll just have to restart it when you get back. I think I would bring the FC to SLAM level and cover it while you are gone. Lets see if anyone else has an idea.

Oh no. I'm so over this. It has been a long haul. Plus my ac went out thursday when it was 117 and other things going wrong. The thought of starting over makes me want to cry. I have a neighbor who could put in the chlorine if asked, but not measure. I don't have a cover. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: mguzzy
If you can have them add 5ppm worth of chlorine per day, then you shouldn't lose ground and have to start over. You just may not progress much for those two days. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.