Brand new Circupool sj-45 shuts off after salt and cell lights turn on red

I know these cells produce gas, but we’re talking tiny bubbles, right? There shouldn’t be any larger air pockets, should there?

You guys are fabulous,.. thank you so very much for all the time you have spent trying to help me.
I will talk to DSP about switching the cell around. I installed it according to the picture in my manual. It’s a very tight fit, if I turn it around I won’t be able to pull the cell in or out with out re-plumbing. I thought that maybe the “bubble” was supposed to be there as a safety feature. I looked at it just now, it is not generating and the bubble is gone. I will keep trying to get this working,. It is storming here today so I won’t spend a great deal of quality time with the pool. Thanks again everyone.

Attachments

• FDBF6311-A97E-4E3E-BBCA-8FA3416E4938.jpeg
    FDBF6311-A97E-4E3E-BBCA-8FA3416E4938.jpeg
    355 KB · Views: 20
  • C6CA8039-3604-497A-ADA6-28CC8B8B8443.jpeg
    C6CA8039-3604-497A-ADA6-28CC8B8B8443.jpeg
    384.6 KB · Views: 20
Ok my smart friends. I received a replacement flow switch. I messed up and glued the old one, so replacement will be a pain. Does anyone know where the temperature sensor is located? Is it behind the square that says flow? Or on the actual switch that screws in? 815A6031-C924-4E5B-B75C-EA84CF4883D0.jpegAB008886-157A-44B9-BE06-5BE915452F4F.jpeg

They said to replace the flow switch because they think I have a bad temp sensor. I was hoping the sensor was the metal part inside next to the flow switch, I tried replacing just that piece, didn’t work 😡I’m off the the hardware store in the morning. image.jpg

Reactions: cowboycasey
OMG!! I’m beyond frustrated! 😡😡
So, I received the new flow switch, and purchased and assembled a new shed so I have more room. Before I started cutting pipes, I called DSP again to verify how far away from my pump the flow switch must be and how high my risers should raise the cell above my pump. The DSP guy went through it all with me and said if my flow light is green then all is good. He said my installation was fine. THEN he says, “ your temperature sensor is in the cell on that model, I bet your water is just too cold. If I were you I wouldn’t cut anything until your water temperature is about 70!”
REALLY? Does anyone really know how this thing works?

OMG!! I’m beyond frustrated! 😡😡
So, I received the new flow switch, and purchased and assembled a new shed so I have more room. Before I started cutting pipes, I called DSP again to verify how far away from my pump the flow switch must be and how high my risers should raise the cell above my pump. The DSP guy went through it all with me and said if my flow light is green then all is good. He said my installation was fine. THEN he says, “ your temperature sensor is in the cell on that model, I bet your water is just too cold. If I were you I wouldn’t cut anything until your water temperature is about 70!”
REALLY? Does anyone really know how this thing works?
70 degrees seems higher than any of the other models. My RJ60 produces chlorine down in the high 50’s. Haven’t tried it any colder than that though.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
If it were to cold the temp light would come on red?? My temp light was off and it was working at 65 degrees... Mine is now at 80 degree water temp and the light is still off... When it was too cold that light was red.... I did not see your temp light as red, it was off also...

We can test this though... Do the hot water bucket without salt and pour it into the skimmer and see if it turns on.. :)

1620927154708.png

If it were to cold the temp light would come on red?? My temp light was off and it was working at 65 degrees... Mine is now at 80 degree water temp and the light is still off... When it was too cold that light was red.... I did not see your temp light as red, it was off also...

We can test this though... Do the hot water bucket without salt and pour it into the skimmer and see if it turns on.. :)

View attachment 332681
If I poor hot water without salt, won't the salt light come on because I have diluted the salt too much?
You are correct, the low water temp light has never been on. The flow light has always been green. I will try plain hot water and see what happens.
The DPS guy said that these were "picky" when the temps are in the 60's, again, I want to know where the temp sensor is! And earlier in this saga I had water temps in the 70's. This has been a great deal of work and frustration to be told "your water is too cold".

Ye sit has.... I really wonder if the reason is the cell is so close to your exit... it just makes me wonder... That in no way answers why it works with the hot salt plug.. :)

If you are going to replace that sensor how hard would it be to raise your cell about 6 inches of straight pipe under it... I am not sure if that is it but that is the way I have had both my SJ and they have worked...

This is my old install. I cut just under those unions and installed the new cell unions, so maybe 6 inches now...

This is my current setup and it works... If you can do something like this it may help to see if it the setup or the system..

1620931737337.png
1620931840680.png

This was a friends install

I was thinking the same thing, although the RJ45 jumped $200 in price a day or two ago.:oops: However, with all the grief this unit has given you, and how much of their time they've had to dedicate to solve your problem, maybe they'll cut you a deal with the old price.🙏

You have more than exhausted every possible trouble shooting avenue available. Ninety plus responses on this thread trying everything imaginable proves that in spades!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: JeaniB
We have come up with everything under the sun... I still can not believe what it takes to get yours going... hot salt slug is a new one for me :)

I would recommend one more option and that is "if" there's another member not too far away with the same unit willing to try your unit on his system to see how it would work, because if it wouldn't work where the the owners did then you have the answer.

Have them send you a flow switch housing. The wire connections are potted under the four screws so no way to verify that the connections are good. Replacing that housing on mine fixed the problem I was having.

Reactions: JeaniB

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.