Brand new Circupool sj-45 shuts off after salt and cell lights turn on red

It’s GFI. I have the swg and the pump plugged to a timer. I’ve tried removing the timer, but it still shuts off.

Update
I spoke with The fabulous people at Discount Salt Pool today. Evidently some of these were sent from the factory without a “jumper” installed. He sent me step-by-step instructions, including pictures to replace the jumper with a 14 gauge wire. My husband installed it today, plugged everything in turned it on and it seemed to run perfect for an hour. An hour later when I checked it all of the lights were flashing on and off and it was making a clicking noise. I have unplugged it, and plan to follow up with him again tomorrow.

Another update
Adding the jumper didn’t fix the problem. I added it, then when I turned it back on it ran for maybe an hour, when I went to check it all the lights were flashing on an off, bright green and there was a clicking sound. Discount Salt pools shipped me a new control panel. The jumper was already installed. I started it up and again, the green flow light comes on, then the green generator light comes on, it runs maybe a minute then the cell light and the salt light turn red and it stops generating. They suggested I raise my salt to 4000 then try again,.. same thing happens. Water is now 76 degrees. The pump still works fine. Any ideas from my smart TFP friends?

You said you raised your salt level to 4000 on the very first post, did you raise it more?

3600 to 3800 is perfect for these..

Also, my RJ60 says my salt is at a very different level than the test kit. You might check what the generator is seeing vs your test kit.

You said you raised your salt level to 4000 on the very first post, did you raise it more?

3600 to 3800 is perfect for these..
I started with my salt at 3500 which is where I kept it for my intex. When this swg didn’t work I raised it, then we had several days of rain and lots of overflow, when I rechecked it it was 3200, so I brought it back to 3600, then Saturday Discount Salt Pools said to raise it to 4000 and try again. 😩😩

The SJ does not have a display :)
Ah, but I wonder if it can detect under/over salt levels and disable itself when it’s out of range? If my test kit shows 3600ppm and the display reads 4000+, then the OP levels could be close to 5000ppm if circupool uses similar sensing controls?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ah, but I wonder if it can detect under/over salt levels and disable itself when it’s out of range? If my test kit shows 3600ppm and the display reads 4000+, then the OP levels could be close to 5000ppm if circupool uses similar sensing controls?
DSP had me adjust a screw that controls the sensitivity of the salt sensor,.. still runs for less than a minute, then the red cell light and red salt light come on and it stops generating. I have removed the timer, the pump and swg are now on their own circuit. Still not working😡

can you try a test for me... Put a hose into the skimmer and turn it on full blast and start everything up... see if that does anything...
I turned the hose on full blast, let the pump run for a few minutes,.. should have gotten a low salt?? It ran for a minute just like before and both the cell and salt light came on red, and it stopped generating 😢
I’m frustrated, the cell does work for a minute, I see it producing,.. any other ideas?

well that sucks, I was hoping it would stay green.... I am lost now... did you try turning the hose down half way.. just trying to figure out if the salt is too high or low as The only reason it stops is the salt is low or high..

What is DSP saying?

well that sucks, I was hoping it would stay green.... I am lost now... did you try turning the hose down half way.. just trying to figure out if the salt is too high or low as The only reason it stops is the salt is low or high..

What is DSP saying?
DPS has shipped a new cell today. They think it is a faulty sensor in the cell.

Hmmmm. I just fired up my SJ-35 for the first time today, and I am having the same problem. I did a google search, and after 2 pages of ads, I found this thread. If you get it fixed, let me know what did the trick, and I'll do the same.

With the TF-Pro Salt kit, I came up with 3000ppm, while the pool store test returned 3990ppm. I have trouble with color vision, (not color blind, but impaired color vision, is what the Army told me 32 years ago) so I figured I'd double check my results via the pool store, which I also have trouble trusting.:(

I called CircuPool tech support today. Talked to a guy named Brandon. He said "Let me check your account." I said "Do I have an account?" Apparently I do, because Discount Salt Pool sent my info to CircuPool. Cool!

Anyway, he said at 66° the water temp is borderline, so since my Salt level was 3400ppm, to raise it closer to 4000. He said it sounds like a conductivity issue, and the 2 things that affect water conductivity are salinity and temperature. He asked me if I had a heater first, and when I said no, he said I could raise my salt to 4000 if I didn't want to wait for the temp to come up. I didn't have time to finish that today, so I'll report back tomorrow night.

Update: help me please😩
I received my new cell yesterday. I installed it this morning and still have the same results. The green flow light comes on, then the green generator light comes on, I can see it producing the chlorine gas. It runs for less than a minute, then the green generator light goes off, the cell light turns red, and the salt light turns red. The water temp light stays off.
I purchased a new K-1766 as mine expires in 2 months. Salt is at 4200, as they did request I raise it.
The SWG and the pump are on the same circuit, which is dedicated to only those two things. They both have a 110 three prong plug and plug into a gfi outlet. Water is clear, 68 degrees today. The pump runs fine.
What can I be doing wrong? I can’t imagine they have sent me two bad cells.

try the hose in the skimmer again with this cell.. start with the hose on low or half way, let it run for 5 to 10 minutes... then turn it on all the way and see what happens..

mine did the same exact thing and I had to empty water out...

Reactions: JeaniB
so,.. the hose didn’t help. I have adjusted the salinity sensor screw both left and right,. Still not working. I’m running out of ideas.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.