Bought house with a swamp pool

Yes :( but also have a way to suck up the gunk that is in there. Hummmmmmmmm shop vac with a really long hose to take with you down there? A snake to loosen up the stuff? I would also open up the top of the pump basket to see if that flow of water will help clear the block.

Reactions: Newdude
Yes :( but also have a way to suck up the gunk that is in there. Hummmmmmmmm shop vac with a really long hose to take with you down there? A snake to loosen up the stuff? I would also open up the top of the pump basket to see if that flow of water will help clear the block.

I was able to get it cleaned out by turning off pump and swimming down with a garden hose with a high pressure nozzle attached. Got a bunch of grime and leaves out of it. Now its reading about the same pressure by itself as the skimmers do by themselves.

Reactions: kimkats
Can now see the liner pattern at the deepest end, and FC is still holding steady through the night. Got in and froze my nether regions flushing out the ladder rails and filling them with some chlorine. Raising salt levels now that we're not backwashing like crazy with DE Powder. Ready to get the pool self-sufficient on its SWG.

Pool 2022-04-19.jpg

Well done. Going to have to file that one away for future help. You say you turned off the pump. Did you also open up the pump lid to allow freer movement of the water and gunk?
Well, I turned off the valve to the center drain so it was only using the skimmers, that way the pump would stop trying to pull the gunk through the drain cover. Goal was to use the hose to dislodge the gunk and get it loose in the water, so the robot could collect it or the skimmers with their much bigger holes could suck it into the filter. Turned the center drain back on about a day later after the gunk had time to be collected by something else (and after I remember I'd turned off the drain, lol).

That makes a LOT of sense right there and a good plan. I was thinking of trying to keep the gunk from getting back into the pool. Your way worked better and it is DONE! LOL on remembering to open up the main drain again. I sure have done that a few times.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.