Bleach prices 2013

Thank you all for reporting in -- now I know where my area stands on bleach prices. Seems that Kalifornia prices are generally higher (excluding the rare loss-leader sale). I get a returnable, 15G carboy from the local chemical supply company.

12.5% for $3.95/gal = $0.2469/oz NaClO

Not a great price, but, it's predictable and conveniently located on my way to work. I very much dislike dealing with all the small(ish) bottles, waste, and trips. I'd reconsider if I could find it for half the cost, but, not worth the time/effort of scouring for a few % savings.

DSC_4399-20130801.jpg

Racerx_LI wrote:
"Pool Shock" ... on sale 2.67/gal for 12.5% HCL,

I hope that's a typo or silly mistake. HCl solution is hydrochloric acid (aka muriatic acid)!

Actually it was a typo AND a silly mistake! Yes, it's chlorine. But I guess it would be a good pro e for either! ;-)
Off to check my pH.... :hammer:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I wish the walmarts here carried that hth brand. I've never seen it here our stores all have aqua chem.

My mom has seen it in the Orlando Florida stores when visiting my sister but not here in va. Luckily I can get the buy 3 get 1 free at target.

I have a couple of questions for this thread.
(1) I am assuming that everyone's pricing is before tax?
(2) What are the ranges everyone is universally considering good, acceptable, and high per ounce? (i.e. <0.21, 0.21-0.26, >0.26). I understand it is dependent on geographical location to a degree.

Chandler, AZ (Walmart #2671): HTH 10% (2 jugs, 256floz) @ $6.47 = $0.25/ounce

Around here.. the WalMart 10% @ 6.47 is a good price. 12% cases are $15 plus deposit... so it's all about $.25 per ounce of CL. The HD and Lowes are normally at $6.86 for 10%. Sometimes I simply pay the $.39 differential to not need to drive to the other store. When I add in gas and my time, sometimes I just don't worry about it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.