Black sediment on bottom of pool

Hi, we live in the okanagan, BC. Getting allot of ash in our pool due to wildfires. Clean the pool and next day there is black sediment on bottom of pool. Chemistry has been near perfect, had to lower ph that’s about it, pool is crystal clear, just the black sediment keeps coming back. Seem to me like the sand filter does not filter it out. Done back washes, changed sand, still have same problem. We even vacuumed to waste to no avail. Is there something I may be missing to get rid of this fine sediment?

Is there a better filter we should be using to get rid of fines? Would a DE filter be a better option? I don’t think our ash problem is going away anytime soon.

Local pool store says they have had to change a bunch of sand in peoples filters, that’s why we changed it. Really did not help though.

Attachments

• IMG_2844.jpeg
    IMG_2844.jpeg
    377.7 KB · Views: 4
Post a full set of test results from your K-2006.
You have your logs linked to your forum account, but there is no data entered.

If you are concerned there may be an issue, perform an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test.

Your pool gets organics introduced into it 24/7 - dirt, leaves, bugs, ash.

Sand rarely ever needs to be changed. A deep clean of the sand is advised every year or two.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.