Removing sediment

NateBoerneTexas

Apr 24, 2023
Boerne, TX
Hello everyone! We recently had heavy rains, such that a bunch of fine sediment ran into pool. I’ve been running main pump and manually vacuuming, and pool water is slowly clearing up. All large debris has been removed, all that’s left is particles too small to be caught by surface skimmer or hand skimmer. Please see picture. I shocked pool, so discoloration is not algae. I’ve also been cleaning the cartridge filters daily. My question is, is it bad for the filters to clean them this often? Pool is about a month old and about 11k gallons. How long should it take for water to clear up? Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_1836.jpeg
    IMG_1836.jpeg
    267.4 KB · Views: 15
Are you cleaning your filter because of a pressure increase or just because you want to remove the daily dirt? Filters ability to filter out fines improve as the filter gets dirtier, up until it gets so loaded that flow is impeded and the pressure increases on your gauge.

I am having a similar issue with particulate, I have a cartridge filter, so vacuum to waste isn't an option. When the pool was completed, I used a skimmer vacuum with a skimmer sock on the skimmer basket to capture the sand/concrete/whatever, it worked pretty well.

My question is, can I do the same with FLOC to remove the particulate now? I am unfamiliar with the procedure (FLOC) so I am just guessing at if this would work or not in removing the "stuff" I am seeing in water now.

TFP does not recommend using FLOC. I think you just need to give your filter time. Probably brush more often to stir up the particulate.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.