Best way to clean inside of skimmer/skimmer door?

JaySav

Bronze Supporter
Mar 24, 2019
Memphis, TN
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I'm sure there are more than a few ways to clean the area inside the skimmer/behind the skimmer door but can I please get some recommendations from the seasoned pool vets? Thanks

I use Simple Green. It will cut the sunscreen, lotion, body oil scum.

That's surprising, I would have assumed it would be chemical-less. Simple green on a rag/sponge/brush type of applicator? I figured whatever you would put on the rag or whatever would pretty much end up getting lost in the water as soon as you break the plane.

Most of what I need to clean is at or above the water line.

Works for me. I use a scrubber sponge.

I have another question for you. I called the company that built the pool to get some info on it. I wanted the exact gallon size of the pool so I know exactly how much to add of what but they could not find the original file and still haven't been able to find it. Apperantly the office had a pipe break and they had to pull everything out quickly and haven't re-organized it all, the irony of a pool builder office flooding. LOL. She had the general dimensions and looked at it on google earth and estimated it at 20k gallons but I really want an exact count. With the shape of my pool how can I get the exact number, I'm pretty OCD and an estimated number when adding chemicals really isn't good enough for me. Maybe it is 20k gallons but IDK.

Most of what I need to clean is at or above the water line.

Works for me. I use a scrubber sponge.
So under the waterline just a plain sponge with nothing on it? I just have some crud in there, Nothing crazy just typical stuff probably.

The sponge will carry over some of the cleaner to underwater. But normally the chlorine in the water should keep anything but grease from being there.

On pool size, use 20K. Then, next time you add muriatic acid, use Poolmath to narrow down the volume.

Use what Poolmath says to lower your pH from 8 to 7.6. Circulate the pool for 30 minutes, brush, etc. Test again, take the pH you test at and adjust in PoolMath the volume of the pool to get the results you measured.

Reactions: JaySav
Might just throw some bleach on a sponge and go with that, should work great. Thanks for the sizing help!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.