Best manual vacuum for vinyl?

cj133

May 6, 2018
NJ
Hi all,

What's the best manual vacuum for a vinyl liner?
I tried going by reviews on Amazon etc, but that seemed useless.

I came up with the Hayward SP1068DL.

Thoughts? Opinions?

Can you add your pool details to your signature please? :D
Hi all,

What's the best manual vacuum for a vinyl liner?
I tried going by reviews on Amazon etc, but that seemed useless.

I came up with the Hayward SP1068DL.

Thoughts? Opinions?
Is price a consideration? How will it be stored? How big is the pool? How strong is the pump?

We have a long telescoping pole and a weighted bristle head, both grabbed from Walmart in the off-season for a steal.
I was looking for reach, light-weight (handle) and large footprint coverage (head)
Pole: Heritage Telescoping Aluminum Pole, 4' - 12' - Walmart.com
Head: Mainstays Pool Vac Head - Walmart.com
Hose: (we have a 15' AGP, so I got a 25') This is a 36' (not sure how big your pool is) Puri Tech High Quality Vacuum Hose 1.25" 1 1/4" x 36' Foot for Above Ground Pool 687695128785 | eBay
Hose Hanger: Suncast Hangout HH150 Outdoor Wall Mounted Garden Hose Holder with Shelf, Taupe - Walmart.com (we got it @ walmart for $4)

Last edited:
Can you add your pool details to your signature please? :D

Is price a consideration? How will it be stored? How big is the pool? How strong is the pump?

We have a long telescoping pole and a weighted bristle head, both grabbed from Walmart in the off-season for a steal.
I was looking for reach, light-weight (handle) and large footprint coverage (head)
Pole: Heritage Telescoping Aluminum Pole, 4' - 12' - Walmart.com
Head: Mainstays Pool Vac Head - Walmart.com
Hose: (we have a 15' AGP, so I got a 25') This is a 36' (not sure how big your pool is) Puri Tech High Quality Vacuum Hose 1.25" 1 1/4" x 36' Foot for Above Ground Pool 687695128785 | eBay
Hose Hanger: Suncast Hangout HH150 Outdoor Wall Mounted Garden Hose Holder with Shelf, Taupe - Walmart.com (we got it @ walmart for $4)

I just added a signature. Not sure if it's working yet.

Reactions: splashpad
Purchased Hayward SP-1068...very sturdy and solid manual vacuum head. No flimsy plastic. Actually has been made so you can change out the bristles as they wear down. Also comes with extra attachments so that you will be able to attach to your existing hose. I am very pleased with the purchase. Costs a little more but well worth the purchase price. Would rather pay a little more in the beginning than have to replace every season!image.jpgimage.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.