Jesusfreak

Jun 5, 2019
Denham Springs, LA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Pentair 1.5hp. I have some mechanical skills. Never worked on a pump before, but have changed a few timing belts in my Miata. Do you think I can repair this? Where should I search for parts? Thank you

Post pics of your pump and motor showing the data plates on it.

Thank you for the videos. I’m at the point of trying to remove the front bearing. Found this inside of pump housing where the windings are.

Attachments

• 52F3FB48-FE63-4351-B4CF-C421CC661D62.jpeg
    52F3FB48-FE63-4351-B4CF-C421CC661D62.jpeg
    447.3 KB · Views: 21
  • F46BD178-5C38-461B-ACD5-B9AC116925F7.jpeg
    F46BD178-5C38-461B-ACD5-B9AC116925F7.jpeg
    511.8 KB · Views: 21
I would go with a new motor or just go with a new variable speed pump.

The pump is oversized. So, you can go to a smaller motor and impeller, a two speed motor, a variable speed motor or a new variable speed pump.

How old is the pump?

There should be a sticker on the front of the pump with a date. What is the date?

Reactions: duade

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Regardless if you have a pump or not, you need to maintain your FC based on the FC/CYA Levels and move the water around with a brush or sump pump to mix the chemicals in.

Sounds like you will need to follow the SLAM Process when you get your pump repaired.

Reactions: Jesusfreak
Pour 5ppm of liquid chlorine into your pool daily and mix the water with your pool brush until you pump running.

Then follow the SLAM Process

Reactions: Jesusfreak
Turns out I ordered the wrong parts. I have a Superflo pump, not Whisperflo. I picked up a seal locally, but now I can’t get the L/H thread impeller bolt threaded. I left it at the pool store this evening.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.