Awkward backyard build

Actually turns out it’s construction adhesive, so his thought was good, but you can’t use that on smooth laminate. There's nothing for it to adhere to. I have to do the next piece this weekend. I’ll take some pictures.

Last edited:
Actually turns out it’s construction adhesive, so his thought was good, but you can’t use that on smooth laminate. There's nothing for it to adhere to. I have to do the next piece this weekend. I’ll take some pictures.

OUCH! How are you getting that up and out? I bet you are going through lots of trial and error to find a tool to chip it up!

SWEET on the line being ready! Here is hoping they get out there soon to finish it up!

Kim:kim:

Ok haven’t gotten back to the inside projects yet. But we have approximately 2 weeks until dig week. PB has permit back from city and only current blocker is finishing converting electrical to underground, which is happening this Thursday.

In related news I have now removed the sprinkler from the area where the pool will be. It was a little more work than I anticipated today but it’s done now.

B75A4502-0879-47F3-BAD0-4C23055958FF.jpegF47F4724-2F1F-43FE-9FFF-CD5734AA7A2E.jpeg

Last edited:
Funny how things like that work................always a bigger job than hoped for :rant: but good for you for getting it done!!

Thursday??????? FUN! Where will they run the lines? Do they you are putting in a pool and that is why you are doing this? I would HATE for you to come home and they are running right through the middle of yard!

Where will they run the lines? Do they you are putting in a pool and that is why you are doing this? I would HATE for you to come home and they are running right through the middle of yard!

If you look at the pictures you can see dead grass running an an almost opposite direction. And you’ll see grey PVC sticking up. That’s where the conduit was buried two weeks ago to do the run. Yes they are aware, and yes the pool is the exact reason we have to convert to unground. The grey PVC is a depth indicator for when the inspector comes to do the electrical inspection.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
VERY pretty picks!!

Lets talk about the waterline tile. It is one of my fav tiles. As you stated it varies a lot. It is important you get your hands on it before the installers get there. Some of the tiles will be extra pretty. You will want those on "sight fall" places like where your eyes fall as you walk out the door and see the pool for the first time. On the other hand there may be some so ugly you don't want it any where near your pool LOL Now if you want you can lay the tiles out how you want it installed and number them for the installers (YES I would be the person that would do this.........yeah I do have control issues LOL).

I will tell you why I started saying this.............on one build a couple of summers ago the tilers grabbed all of the lighter tiles and put them all together, then the all of the darker ones and put them all together. It looked AWFUL!!!! When the pool owner sent a pic to the PB even he said it had to be redone and he was there the next time telling the tilers what tile to put where!!!

Well diff day came and they started to dig, but encountered more water than anticipated in just the shallow end. So they had to stop and need to install well lines. Well lines will be installed tomorrow and then dig will continue on Wednesday.

That is some high water table there! Keep this in mind for the future if you ever need to drain the pool down some. You will NOT want to drain it all of the way once it is done.

I wonder if they will put in a permanent pump for this?? Some thing to ask about.

Ok dig is done. Form will be finished tomorrow as even after saying something to the foreman about the deep side being higher elevation they only had 8 foot forms not 12 foot. They they’ll be here tomorrow to finish up the form.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.