Awkward backyard build

That shape looks a LOT better!! Glad there were willing and able to fix it! MUCH BETTER!

Make sure to bond with your new pool! aka start watering it! This will help in the curing process. Some small cracks may still form but so long as they are no wider than a dime you are good.

So it is time for your first set of links. This set is about getting the best plaster and plaster job you can. Make sure to share it with your PB to get his ideas on how he does things.
Ten Guidelines for Quality Pool Plaster Best one of all
Not All Color Pigments are Good for Pools How to pick a good color for plaster.
All Plaster Finishes Should Last 20 Years
Trouble Free Pool
Trouble Free Pool

Kim:kim:

I like the layout. When you replace the AC down the road can you move it around where the pool EQ is? That will make it a more peaceful space for sure.

Just a thought on the light. Depending on where you plan on sitting around the pool, try not to have the light point directly at you. If we were to change one thing about our reno, I would have moved the light at the deep end to not point directly at the sitting area. Our pool is about the same size as yours and we went with 2 lights to eliminate shadows around stairs etc.

You're in for some exciting times! Post update pics as it comes along.

Well today’s excitement was plumbers nicking the gas line. Luckily it’s just a light scratch, but pool company is having someone come out and replace the nicked piece.... had to drive home from work 64miles to tell them I wanted it replaced as they wanted my opinion before making a decision since it wasn’t leaking. So my thought is better safe than sorry and I am not paying for it so replace it!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ok so cement is happening tomorrow. We’ve started purchasing some furniture for outside. Kolhs has a sale on zero gravity chairs so I picked up 4 of those. Now I am trying to find an umbrella for use in the sunshelf. All the ones that I see made specifically for the pool are close to $1,000, I am not looking to break that bank here, at least not this season. So for those of you that have a sunshelf/Baja ledge and have an unbrella in it, where did you get it?

I have purchased a few different umbrellas over the years - you want to get a umbrella with an aluminum pole if you are going to be putting it into a holder on your sun shelf - no wood, no steel (don't ask me how I know...).

The standard ones sold at patio stores are the Treasure Garden brand, but they can be fairly expensive ($350+).

I have had good luck with a brand I found on Amazon and was able to source even cheaper on Ebay. I will try to find some links if you are interested.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.