looks like about a 2 inch collection tray and that should last about a week of small debris.. if you get big huge oak leaves maybe a day :)

1618071998500.png

So worth mentioning that the company has been fabulous on warranty. I have had 3 of these and two have needed repairs. They have honored the warranty without question or problem. Once I had to pay for one way shipping and the other they paid for it in both directions.

However, this thing lives in my pool 24/7/365. It gets a fair amount of abuse so about 3 years is the maximum I have ever gotten out of one of them. I could have just sent it back for repair out of warranty but I just opted to buy a new one since the newer ones have better features, yada, yada. But if you will get upset if it does not last 5 or 10 years you will most likely be disappointed with it.

Also worth mentioning the primary point of failure of these has been the gear mechanism. Probably made worse by the fact that it slams itself into a pool wall many times a day. The Ariel is a direct drive and has removed the gear mechanism and is supposed to not hit the pool walls. So we will see if that makes it last longer.

Anyway once I get it, I am sure that @MyAZPool pool and I will post full reviews (with his being much better than mine).
I have also had the NX & NX2. they had to completely replace my first nx2 due to structural defect which could not be repaired. no hassles at all since I had extended warranty coverage.

I noticed on their website a product listing for "skimbot". this is different than the solar breeze. it has bluetooth connectivity but is more expensive. I suspect the skimbot was mfg from another company and the solar breeze people bought the company or acquired the product rights?

Skimbot Landing Page » Pivot-Solar Breeze
under the support tab, their is a link to download the pdf manual if you are interested in reading about it.

Reactions: cowboycasey
I would also be potentially interested in the group discount. The one I purchased 1.5 years ago also has its gears dying and is barely scraping by :( Unfortunately it only has a 1 year warranty and I doubt they will replace it. I also had trouble with the tray breaking (clip broke) and they did replace that under warranty eventually, but the second one seemed to have the same problem after a bit. The pictures show the same design for that, so fingers crossed

I would also be potentially interested in the group discount. The one I purchased 1.5 years ago also has its gears dying and is barely scraping by :( Unfortunately it only has a 1 year warranty and I doubt they will replace it. I also had trouble with the tray breaking (clip broke) and they did replace that under warranty eventually, but the second one seemed to have the same problem after a bit. The pictures show the same design for that, so fingers crossed
Sure can add you :)

Last edited:
also had trouble with the tray breaking (clip broke) and they did replace that under warranty eventually, but the second one seemed to have the same problem after a bit. The pictures show the same design for that, so fingers crossed

I have also had those clips on the tray break. Thanks for reminding me. The tray was also replaced under warranty. The new tray also seemed to have some sort of putty inserted in the hole of the clips. I am hoping the new tray design fixes that problem, or I will be asking what they used to fill those holes and will do that myself. They putty seems to strengthen the clips and makes the tray stay in tighter.

I have also had those clips on the tray break. Thanks for reminding me. The tray was also replaced under warranty. The new tray also seemed to have some sort of putty inserted in the hole of the clips. I am hoping the new tray design fixes that problem, or I will be asking what they used to fill those holes and will do that myself. They putty seems to strengthen the clips and makes the tray stay in tighter.
Interesting! The replacement I got late last year (August? September?) didn't have anything like that. I would definitely like to know what it is, that little arc doesn't seem to hold up well

Hello! Part-time listener, first time caller. I found this thread while researching buying an Ariel. Please add me to the list for the group discount! Thank you!
Welcome to TFP :)

You found a great place, stick around and check out some posts.. I will add you now :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Has anyone actually gotten a shipping notification yet? I pre-ordered back in October and haven't heard anything.

Edit: nevermind, I checked their website's blog and they have a shipping update from yesterday

"Ariel production is ramping up at our facility in Omaha this week and next. Production was delayed due to some challenges getting component parts delivered to the plant in a timely manner. Pivot Solar-Breeze will begin shipping a few hundred units per week beginning April 19, 2021.

The 1,500 pool robots in our order backlog will be shipped in the same order in which those orders were received. It will take four to five weeks to complete shipping all current orders. Once production schedules are locked, Pivot-Solar Breeze will reach out to each of our customers with the specific week your Ariel will ship.

Ariel has been placed on backorder on our website until all of the current orders are fulfilled. We will open up to accept new orders in a couple of weeks. Fulfillment of new orders will begin in early June.”

Last edited:
Reactions: cowboycasey
hmm I already ordered one but I wonder how many would be interested in a group buy... Maybe if we get 10 people they would give us a better price :)

1. @ajw22
2. @Monster1
3. @Yarzy
4. @ravenpool
5. @ForlornLawnGnome
6. @maggiesfan
7. @pool-cat13

No idea if they will but worth a call or email (y)

I just emailed them, we will see :)

7 Apr: I have an update, They contacted me and sent our request to the VP of the company.. We may get something back soon but not sure of a timeline :)

10 Apr: nothing back from them yet, hopefully we hear something soon but not sure how long it will take...

14 Apr: Emailed them again asking, nothing yet...
Thanks for replying to my other thread. Please add me to list for group buy.

Updated main post and added interested parties :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.