Arizona
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
For those that have pre-ordered the Solar Breeze Ariel Robot.

Originally the ship date had been announced as March 21. After March came and gone, I reached out to Solar Breeze to inquire about my order since I had pre-ordered back in November 20.

I received a reply yesterday that I thought I would share in case anyone else was in the same situation.

Here is what they had to say...

-------------------
We hit a bit of a delay in production due to the weather and then a covid shutdown at one of the facilities that produce some of her internal parts for us.

We finally have all the parts and she is in production full swing in our Omaha facility and will begin shipping on April 13th for all preorders.

The orders will be filled in the order we received them and we expect to have everyone's preorder filled within 7-10 days of the above date.

You will receive a tracking number via email once your order has shipped.

We are so sorry for the delay and greatly appreciate your understanding as it was well beyond our control.

-------------------
I'm hoping this will be the last delay as I have personally witnessed the older NX-2 in action and I have received many positive comments from owners of the NX-2, so I am really looking forward to putting this new cleaner into action on my pool.
Thanks...
r...

Last edited:
Reactions: lstabbyl
OK, that is neat and I think will work great.. The one downside of running a VS motor low and slow is it does not skim very well, or at all :)

Now I need to find a discount code :)

Reactions: KJB1 and MyAZPool
OK, that is neat and I think will work great.. The one downside of running a VS motor low and slow is it does not skim very well, or at all :)

Now I need to find a discount code :)
@cowboycasey
Check. Just as soon as I ditch the suction-side cleaner and convert to a Maytronics Robot, I'm planning on running my vs at the lowest speed possible that will still keep the SWG happy.
Maybe you could try contacting them via email and ask them if they would be willing to give you the original pre-order discount price of $448.00?
Just a thought.
Thanks...
r..

Reactions: cowboycasey
Maybe you could try contacting them via email and ask them if they would be willing to give you the original pre-order discount price of $448.00?

Go for a TFP group buy. I am in for that price.

hmm I already ordered one but I wonder how many would be interested in a group buy... Maybe if we get 10 people they would give us a better price :)

I have added everyone to our own message thread.. We are up to 23 so far

No idea if they will but worth a call or email (y)

I just emailed them, we will see :)

7 Apr: I have an update, They contacted me and sent our request to the VP of the company.. We may get something back soon but not sure of a timeline :)

10 Apr: nothing back from them yet, hopefully we hear something soon but not sure how long it will take...

14 Apr: Emailed them again asking, nothing yet...

23 Apr: Working out discount and I will message everyone once complete

Last edited:
I have an update, They contacted me and sent our request to the VP of the company.. We may get something back soon but not sure of a timeline :)

No more takers, I think most may have already bought them??

Reactions: Bafrye and MyAZPool
So worth mentioning that the company has been fabulous on warranty. I have had 3 of these and two have needed repairs. They have honored the warranty without question or problem. Once I had to pay for one way shipping and the other they paid for it in both directions.

However, this thing lives in my pool 24/7/365. It gets a fair amount of abuse so about 3 years is the maximum I have ever gotten out of one of them. I could have just sent it back for repair out of warranty but I just opted to buy a new one since the newer ones have better features, yada, yada. But if you will get upset if it does not last 5 or 10 years you will most likely be disappointed with it.

Also worth mentioning the primary point of failure of these has been the gear mechanism. Probably made worse by the fact that it slams itself into a pool wall many times a day. The Ariel is a direct drive and has removed the gear mechanism and is supposed to not hit the pool walls. So we will see if that makes it last longer.

Anyway once I get it, I am sure that @MyAZPool pool and I will post full reviews (with his being much better than mine).

Reactions: BWK and MyAZPool

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
@Katodude
Another SolarBreeze NX2 user that I know, noted another difference between the two.
He said with the NX2, he has to use two hands to remove the unit from the pool but that with the Ariel, it has a handle, so more of a one handed operation to remove it.
I'm hoping that my review will be nothing more than "Works good, lasts a long time".. :p
r.

3 generations I am hoping they have fixed most of the early version problems, we will see :)

I updated the group buy post, still waiting for an answer from the VP :)

Reactions: maggiesfan

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.