Any thoughts on using water-filled pressure gauges?

anthonypool89

Gold Supporter
Aug 26, 2016
Berks County, PA
I need a new one to start the season. I've seen these online but never tried any. I also want to try a 0-30 instead of 0-60 (who lets their DE filter pressure get above 30 anyway?). Any recommendations as to brand, etc.? Regular 1/4 in. bottom mount. Thanks.

Anthony,

I have replaced all my stock 0 - 60 gauges with 0 - 30 oil filled gauges and could not be happier. I used the ones from TF-testkits as Marty has pointed out.

They are 100% better than any stock gauge.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Just ordered the gauge from TFtestkits, but was a bit surprised (more like concerned) that, after buying it using PayPal, I was - as usual - redirected to the merchant but before I got back to TFtestkits I got a notice asking if I wanted to proceed since it was "not secure". I went on with it but now am wondering if I should have. Obviously, PayPal is secure, and presumably TF is secure also - had the usual https designation. Any idea why this might have happened? I wrote to TF for their thoughts on it. Have to be so paranoid nowadays...mostly about getting CV though!

TFT is run by a very reputable ecommerce company, CoreCommerce, and they have to keep all their SSL certs up. They have never had any issues with security and customer information. I am sure it has been taken care of. Thanks for letting us know!

One question about these gauges. The instructions that came with it refer to pulling the pin out half-way to vent any internal pressure. Am I correct that, once done, the gauge stays in that half-way position? Or is this venting something that needs to be redone periodically by adjusting the pin? I'm thinking once and done.

After posting, I did some quick checking on this (the link provided with the gauge instructions didn't work) and found this: HOW TO RESET A LIQUID FILLED PRESSURE GAUGE which would seem to indicate that it's a simple recalibration if the reading is not currently at zero after shipping. So the pin gets pushed back in after doing a reset. Pretty cool. I've never used one of these before so looking forward to seeing how it works. ?

Last edited:
Reactions: kimkats
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.