Anti-slip tape or spray

BigRignSC

Feb 7, 2019
Greenville SC
First time pool owner and heading into my 2nd season. Not sure what details to give, but 22k gallons, salt and vinyl liner. We have a sunshelf with no hand railing and last year it was slippery. I have a read a lot of posts about proper water balance. I travel for business and am not always around to test the pool. I am looking for a solution in addition to proper balanced water. I have read about anti-slip tape and or spray. Just like with any pool owners, we have a wide range of ages going in and out of the pool and the sun shelf is the primary. We have had several people slip and fall cause of how slippery it was.

Has anyone have any suggestions?

Welcome to the forum! :wave: So, two issues: slipping and chemistry.
1 - For the slipping, I believe there are some aftermarket railing support systems that will allow save entry and egress from the pool. Not so sure about the tape or spray unless you plan on lowering the water and prepping really well. Maybe someone can confirm their longevity.
2 - For chemistry, your biggest challenge will be maintaining the chlorine level while away. Those in your situation often rely on a salt water generator which uses salt (conversion) to create the chlorine at a programmed level. Otherwise, if you're adding chlorine (or bleach) manually, you'll need the help of someone who can add chlorine every day or two while you're away. You might get by with tabs/pucks if your CYA isn't already elevated, but that's not ideal for long term use.

Stick close and let us know what other question you may have.

Thanks Texas!! I actually do have a salt water generator for my chlorine. I’ll have to see how it is this year. I have also read that the 2nd year of vinyl isn’t as slippery as the 1st year. We chose the no railing as we didn’t like the look of it. I’ll look at the mats you provided.

ajw22 - it’s not the stairs we are concerned about. It’s more the sun shelf itself. Since it’s only about 3-4in deep. People just step or jump in and that’s when they slip.

Just pointing out threads about similar issues. I added some other links if you didn’t see all three.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.