Another in Texas - Cypress

Not a lot going on the last few days but electricians are here!!

PB confirmed they won't get everything finished in time for July 4th so my daughter is sad she won't get to see it. I thought she might cry. My Dad will be here until the 9th (lives in NH and hasn't been here since 2012) so I'm holding out hope still that maybe he'll get to see it.

I don't have kitchen counter tops right now as they took them to use as templates and fabricate our granite. They left us with working appliances though and a sink after telling us we wouldn't have access so that's awesome! They're supposed to finish the demo on Thursday and install counters on Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why don't you remodel your bathrooms and paint the house too! ;)

Looking great!

Hey there's nothing wrong with not have working kitchen appliances. Just means you have to eat out!!!

Lol. Yes, but for every meal that gets expensive so we prepared an area with a toaster oven, toaster, coffee maker, and all of our paper, plastic, styrofoam eat ware (with the recycling bin right next to it). We still have the fridge so we're ready! Still, having access to the kitchen sink is very nice when I have two 6 year olds and there isn't anybody in the house actually working. [emoji5]

Oh, don't kid yourself. You are definitely working!!

I do understand about meals getting expensive though. It sure was nice when my kids were out of the house. Now we can go out to eat when we feel like it!

Oh yes, I'M working! Lol I meant workers.
Yes, 2 kids and a teenager adds a bit to the bill so it tallies up quickly if we're eating out for multiple meals. We're saving them for the 2-3 days of actual construction and we'll still manage breakfast and probably lunch at home. That way we can do nice dinners out!

Not a lot going on the last few days but electricians are here!!

PB confirmed they won't get everything finished in time for July 4th so my daughter is sad she won't get to see it. I thought she might cry. My Dad will be here until the 9th (lives in NH and hasn't been here since 2012) so I'm holding out hope still that maybe he'll get to see it.

I don't have kitchen counter tops right now as they took them to use as templates and fabricate our granite. They left us with working appliances though and a sink after telling us we wouldn't have access so that's awesome! They're supposed to finish the demo on Thursday and install counters on Friday.

Sorry to hear you won't be finished by the 4th. My sister & guests will be here mid July so hopefully should make it by then.

I think my kitchen & bathrooms have the Galiano Ornamental Granite but not the yellow. I like it and might use it outside if I ever do a summer kitchen counter.

Sorry to hear you won't be finished by the 4th. My sister & guests will be here mid July so hopefully should make it by then.

I think my kitchen & bathrooms have the Galiano Ornamental Granite but not the yellow. I like it and might use it outside if I ever do a summer kitchen counter.

Praying that you do!! It's such a nice feeling to be able to enjoy it with family, especially those that don't visit often.

We looked at a lot of choices and the Giallo Ornamentals kept standing out. They seem to be very popular as a standard selection so not paying an upgrade was nice too! The yellow was just because the other slab batch had a big vein through the center of all of them and the yellow batch was more uniform and... less yellow. Lol. Since we were less than 5 square feet over being able to get our kitchen done on one slab, we'll have a lot left over. It just made sense for us to do the outdoor kitchen in it too rather than let the granite yard keep our excess. I think I might have enough for a little outside table even.

My test kit is here!!! We'll test our fill water tonight and start learning how to use it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
did you find the videos to the tests? They are very helpful.

Kim:cat:

Yes, but haven't watched them yet. I have a meeting at 2 and then that is my plan. Hoping to impress my husband with my knowledge when we do our first tests tonight. Lol. Good practice for impressing the PB later with my skillz. Ha! They said if they felt like I knew what I was doing they'd let me handle the start-up. Woo hoo!

Test away! And great to be able to enjoy upgrades yourself instead of doing them and selling like so many people do.

Test away! And great to be able to enjoy upgrades yourself instead of doing them and selling like so many people do.

Now with the TA you will see it "flash" red then change back. Don't stop there. Wait until it stays changed to redish. Good luck!

Kim:cat:

Thanks! We ended up not getting a chance to do it last night but I'm hoping tonight. It's our daughter's last week of her visit (from Denmark) so we're trying to focus more on her than pool stuff. [emoji5]. Heading out for a picnic at the water wall shortly. If you've never been to Houston or live nearby and have never been to the water wall, I recommend it! I'll post a pic of the kids later.

Looking good! I scrolled through past posts and so glad you are getting the tile and coping to turn out better for you. Bummer they can't finish by 7/4. Did they give you an estimated date?

Thanks, Fire! Not yet. Electricians finished yesterday. I texted PB this morning to ask if we were expecting anybody today or have an approximate timeline but I haven't heard back. I'm going to guess No. Lol. We're waiting on her to draw up the new plan with our added decking, and the changed fire pit (curved instead of round).
I also need to meet with the landscaper before decking starts because our pressure release valves from the sprinkler system are where the deck will go, but since they destroyed everything attached to them during the dig and plumbing, I feel like it can be moved. PB agreed in contract to repair system to working order but by cutting that off, our front is no longer connected either. I'm waiting for her to confirm who the landscaper will be so I can call and set an appointment with them. It was a landscaper that referred them to me to begin with so I expected it to be him but she said maybe not and that she would let me know. That was two days ago and my follow up this morning hasn't been answered yet. My Dad gets here Friday from NH and leaves the 9th so I'm still holding onto hope that maybe he will see it with water. All in all they've moved at a steady pace and this has been the first stop in forward momentum without communication so I'm not complaining, just staying hopeful. We'll hit 4 weeks from the start of our build on Friday and they said 4-6 weeks weather permitting. Weather has been pretty good so praying it continues to hold!

How are things going on your end?

I have always wanted to walk up to that water wall! We always pass it going to the Galleria. Where is the best place to park to visit it?

Ah you are waiting on a few things, but yes weather permitting it can all be done in two weeks. It is amazing how fast things go once scheduled.

We are totally enjoying out pool. :) I've been testing it and adding bleach and acid when needed.

We are finally getting our sprinkler repaired tomorrow and phase I of some landscape/hardscape. Just can't do it all now, too costly.

Pool school maybe this week and odds and ends need ro be finished. Big thing is a plaster staining loss of color issue I will post in my thread later..

I have always wanted to walk up to that water wall! We always pass it going to the Galleria. Where is the best place to park to visit it?

It depends on when you go. During the week the easiest is to park in the parking garage next door which has Visitor parking but it's expensive. Macy's at the Galleria is a pretty close walk and free.
We had a fun time! The pigeons were kind of grossing us out while we ate though. They have NO fear and poop a lot nearby. May not opt for a picnic next time. [emoji23] The expression on my kids faces though... [emoji23]

Did my first test attempt on my tap water when we got home.

PH 7.8
TA 290
CH 130
FC 1.5
CC 1

I'm going to try again with my husband tomorrow but the TA seemed really high so I want to make sure I did it right. It kept getting brighter with each drop so I kept dropping until it stopped changing shades.

I couldn't find good directions for testing TC. The instructions in here called for R-001 and R-002 which didn't come in my Taylor K-2006C test.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.