Another in Texas - Cypress

All I can think of when I see the ledger tile like that is "how do you keep it clean???" No thanks! Pretty? yes! Too hard to take care of over time? yeap! LOL

Good picks on what you did pick out! Pretty!

Kim:cat:

Thanks! We eliminated the one on the left and now have to choose between the 4x4's on a diagonal (exact pattern we had and liked), or for double the price, my hubby likes the Versailles pattern, which is the one on the right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good to see them cleaning up. At one time I had a 2 story mountain of dirt taking up the whole back yard. It was there for over 2 weeks and somehow my lawn came back. The Floratam/St.Augustine grass used in Florida is strong.

Good to see them cleaning up. At one time I had a 2 story mountain of dirt taking up the whole back yard. It was there for over 2 weeks and somehow my lawn came back. The Floratam/St.Augustine grass used in Florida is strong.

Lol. Wow, two stories?! That's insane. Did kids try to climb it? Ours kept trying to climb the small one. We have St. Augustine too and it comes back from nearly anything it seems. The weeds too. I wish a mound of dirt was all it would take to kill it in certain areas.

I'm very pleased with how fast our PB is moving. They don't communicate what is coming or set expectations for the schedule very well but I guess it doesn't matter as long as someone is showing up and working everyday. Except for Sundays we've had daily progress! Very happy we went with them so far!

Lol. Wow, two stories?! That's insane. Did kids try to climb it? Ours kept trying to climb the small one. We have St. Augustine too and it comes back from nearly anything it seems. The weeds too. I wish a mound of dirt was all it would take to kill it in certain areas.

I'm very pleased with how fast our PB is moving. They don't communicate what is coming or set expectations for the schedule very well but I guess it doesn't matter as long as someone is showing up and working everyday. Except for Sundays we've had daily progress! Very happy we went with them so far!

It seemed like 2 stories at the time. It was a lot of fill from a 4' to 5' pool dig.
When looking at the photo bear in mind that the house walls in the lanai are 12'

0316161759_zpswph53q1g-1.jpg

TFTestkits.net

I don't know if you can get it from Amazon though.

I just use a empty, plastic bottle. LOL

YEAH for clean up crews! Send the boys out to "help" them! LOL

PB is getting us the Taylor K-2006C I asked for in our contract. I ordered the SpeedStir, a large syringe for collecting water I've seen talked about on here, and water shoes to use on my underwater treadmill. [emoji5]

It seemed like 2 stories at the time. It was a lot of fill from a 4' to 5' pool dig.
When looking at the photo bear in mind that the house walls in the lanai are 12'

0316161759_zpswph53q1g-1.jpg

Lol. I can see why that would feel like two stories!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That link goes to the Taylor Sample sizer which only works the Taylor branded graduated cylinders, you cant use it with the TF-100 graduated cylinders (if you do you will get the wrong amount of water in the cylinder)

Gosh! Just went through the latest issues and fixes! It looks beautiful now! I needed your mom! You must be so pleased to get the cuts perfected. You did the right thing. I can't wait to see the finished product. It's such a beautiful design.

TM that link was to THE measurement thing....It just says TFtestkits........but it takes you to the thing so you could see what it looks like.

One day I will have a speed stir :rolleyes: LOL

Oh! I didn't realize I would be testing in it. I just wanted something to collect water in without killing my back bending over and stuff. I saw one posted somewhere. This is what I ordered: VvW Large Plastic 100ml Syringe +120cm (47in) handy plastic tubing VvW Large Plastic 100ml Syringe +120cm (47in) handy plastic tubing: Amazon.com: Industrial Scientific

That link goes to the Taylor Sample sizer which only works the Taylor branded graduated cylinders, you cant use it with the TF-100 graduated cylinders (if you do you will get the wrong amount of water in the cylinder)

Uhm, no idea what we're talking about yet. My Taylor 2006 kit and speed stir should be here next week. I hope everybody is ready for my questions. Lol

Gosh! Just went through the latest issues and fixes! It looks beautiful now! I needed your mom! You must be so pleased to get the cuts perfected. You did the right thing. I can't wait to see the finished product. It's such a beautiful design.

Aww, thanks Janny!! The cuts are not how I would have done them if they'd asked me to start with but they definitely look much better and we're happy. A few minor things will still need to be fixed but it's looking great. It's so neat watching the process! Well, neat - and stressful! Lol

So why don't they measure the same?

^^^ What she said. [emoji5]

And to update with some more pictures since I know how much they're wanted!
We went and picked our actual slabs for the kitchen. It was a little different than what we originally had selected so we had to look at more backsplash tiles. The granite is a Giallo Ornamental but in a variation called Soft Yellow (not sure why as it has a lot less yellow in it and more milk coffee colors). The pieces on the top, right, and bottom are all Autumn Leaves Turkish Travertine (just in different patterns to show stone variations). The pieces on the left are all from Philadephia travertine. We decided on the Autumn Leaves in the 4x4 diagonal like we have now with the Textrite Baguette grout. Here are pics of what it looks like now:
Pics after plumbing and of equipment pad: Are these a neverlube style? I wish they'd stop scratching my tiles. Will that buff out? My fence keeps falling down into the sidewalk with the wind ☹️. Seems like a liability. My husband tried to pin it better than they did and it seems to be holding. That's the 4th time it's been left like that. The plumbers broke several of our tiles on the back wall when they were working. I'm going to see what the PB says when he sees it though before I say anything.
We actually tried to see what the granite we picked would look like if we did the table with that. We decide we'll take our excess from the house and use it as the counter for the outdoor kitchen and stick to the waterline tile for the table but with the pattern from the fire pit we saw. They did fix the tile on my columns and you don't notice it now, which is exactly how it should be! It looks identical to my photoshopped pictures but I'll take some real pictures later and post. I think you can kind of see them in one of the pics above.
Hope everyone is having a great Saturday!!

The tube you ordered is just want you wanted to save your back and knees. I posted something completely different-mine is something that takes in just the right amount of water to do the test with. Mixing things up LOL

PRETTY pics! BUT why?? WHY??? WHY???? are your changing your kitchen? It is SO pretty like it is now!

The black valves are what you will be looking at for kind-I see pentair stamped on them. That is a good kind. I don't know if they are neverlube but I bet you can find out by looking for the model number and looking it up.

PRETTY pics! BUT why?? WHY??? WHY???? are your changing your kitchen? It is SO pretty like it is now.

We like it too but it's laminate counters that are fading, and showing wear. We wanted to keep the backsplash but they can't save it when changing the counters so... If you look at the picture looking towards the kitchen sink you can see a lot of the fading on the island. We decided to go lighter to brighten it up a little.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.