Another in Texas - Cypress

I couldn't find good directions for testing TC. The instructions in here called for R-001 and R-002 which didn't come in my Taylor K-2006C test.

FC+CC=TC so a FC of 1.5 + a CC of 1 = a TC of 2.5 I will tell you that we don't really look at the TC. It is more important to look at FC and CC on their own.

I don't have R-0001 or R-0002 and have never noticed. Where do you see them referenced for the tests? I have R-087 DPD Powder, R-0871 RAS-DPD Titration Reagent, and R-0003 DPE reagent #3 for the "chlorine" tests.

Is testing with the K-2006C different than the TF-100?

Marla they should be the same as the TF-100 IS Taylor products. It is just packaged with more of what we use each day.

Kim:cat:

Okay, so go to Pool School and look Under the Table of Contents. Got to Test Kit Directions and you'll see the directions for TA. Pool School - Total Alkalinity Make sure you wipe the tip of bottle of the last reagent you add (can't remember the number) before adding the drop.

See if this helps.

Thanks Marla! I'll try it again tonight following those guidelines.

FC+CC=TC so a FC of 1.5 + a CC of 1 = a TC of 2.5 I will tell you that we don't really look at the TC. It is more important to look at FC and CC on their own.

I don't have R-0001 or R-0002 and have never noticed. Where do you see them referenced for the tests? I have R-087 DPD Powder, R-0871 RAS-DPD Titration Reagent, and R-0003 DPE reagent #3 for the "chlorine" tests. Kim:cat:

It was referenced in Pool School for testing. I scrolled past it until I saw the directions using the powder. What you listed is exactly what I have. [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We noticed they weren't doing the hole for the umbrella sleeve. Hubby went out to talk to him and he said that the original crew didn't leave the tube like they were supposed to and it wouldn't have an umbrella sleeve. Texted PB and he said to tell the guy to leave a hole in the table for him. Will that be deep enough do you think or will we have issues with the umbrella tipping over?

Umbrella sleeves are typically only 6-8" deep. In reality, this is fine until a breeze above X mph comes up. What X is for you I can't say. We broke an umbrella the only time we used our many umbrella sleeves. Wind came up and it popped out and when it landed one of the ribs broke. We got a pavilion installed which mostly eliminated the need. The other place we do have sleeves are in a retaining wall and they are like 18" deep but that's a different scenario.

You can't have them be very deep though, because the poles on the umbrellas are only so long. If the holes are deep the umbrella is too low for all except those quite short.

I'm sorry, is this an in-pool table? If so, the longer the better. Was the table leg installed already? The tube (PVC pipe) should go all the way to the bottom of the table leg if possible.

I'm sorry, is this an in-pool table? If so, the longer the better. Was the table leg installed already? The tube (PVC pipe) should go all the way to the bottom of the table leg if possible.

The post was already installed and they forgot to leave the hole. In addition, the rebar was all just stuck in there so it would have been really difficult to cut drill through the cement and the metal. He says he got it to 8" but I am afraid it won't be enough. The umbrella type we had in mind is pretty heavy duty. Fingers Crossed!

Also, they didn't get the height quite right and the bottom of the table will be in the water. My concern with this is that when sitting at the table (especially with kids) any wake created would just be under the table normally but with it actually sitting in the water the wake is more likely to splash up onto the table. He couldn't see a way to fix it though. The table is normally 4" tall so I asked them to make it 5" to raise it up a little higher and closer to even with the coping after tiling. Hopefully that will help and I figured then if any needed to be shaved off the bottom to get it out of the water it wouldn't subtract from the table thickness.

Any thoughts?

The whole process is so cool to watch!

What will you be putting on top of it? If you put a thick enough tile on it........that will raise up even higher!

Tell the boys NO jumping from the table! LOL I can just see them now! "Hey MOM! Watch this!" :shock:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
What will you be putting on top of it? If you put a thick enough tile on it........that will raise up even higher!

Tell the boys NO jumping from the table! LOL I can just see them now! "Hey MOM! Watch this!" :shock:

It's going to be the 6" waterline tile in a pattern something like this. He said the tile would put it up close to even with the coping.
Oh, they totally would! I wonder how many No Jumping Signs I can put up before it just looks tacky. Ha! Would some neon flashing signs with a police alarm anytime more than 20 lbs of pressure gets put on the table be overkill? J/k. Mom's just going to have some more gray hair. LOL!

Nope just channel me! "If you do ANYTHING I tell you NOT to do you will miss 10 mins of swim time. The second time you do it you will miss 20 mins and only have bread and water for supper." LOL AND make them miss it while watching the others play!

don't worry about the correct height right now... mine was sitting lower from what I thought, when tile guys came to install travertine they set it to the correct height, the top of our "finish" table is the even with the coping around the pool, and the "wake" that the kids make from jumping is not a problem, it doesn't make it to the top of the table.

Nope just channel me! "If you do ANYTHING I tell you NOT to do you will miss 10 mins of swim time. The second time you do it you will miss 20 mins and only have bread and water for supper." LOL AND make them miss it while watching the others play!

Lol. Will definitely have to do that. It works for electronics which is the consequence for everything else so now I can add swim time.

don't worry about the correct height right now... mine was sitting lower from what I thought, when tile guys came to install travertine they set it to the correct height, the top of our "finish" table is the even with the coping around the pool, and the "wake" that the kids make from jumping is not a problem, it doesn't make it to the top of the table.

I had them add an inch and turns out the PB had asked them to build it higher too. He was glad I asked for the extra inch because it needed it for sure. It should reach the coping height more easily with tile without too much additional build up now.

I'll be back with an update as soon as I get my pictures uploaded to Photobucket.

It's been a busy 10 days or so since I've been on. My daughter from Denmark went back home on Tuesday and my Dad is currently here for a visit. Our kitchen remodel is almost finished, and decking finally got started today.

Here is the table dry and waiting to be tiled:
Here are a few before & after of my nearly finished kitchen remodel: I'll post a few close-ups after it's sealed and everything is put back together.

I was told the deck crew would be here yesterday morning. Then they updated that it would be around 3 as they had a job in Sugarland to finish. They didn't show and when PB checked they were done for the day fighting the heat and said they'd be here at 9:00 this morning. At 11:00 I texted to ask and PB told me around 12. Sigh. Trying to be here and spend time with my family is made more complicated when they change it so my Dad was feeling a bit frustrated but they did show up around 1:30. It looks like they leveled, and set-up some forms. Nice guys! There was an issue with the deck plan by the fence but I called PB and he told me to have them do it the way I wanted. They weren't carrying the deck all the way to the fence and it was leaving this awkward tripping hazard (that is the gate side). I was just glad we caught it and they're fixing it!

PB also came out and looked at the progress. I showed him the coping piece I want replaced and he said he'd replace it if I don't like it. They're also tying the gutters my husband is installing into the deck drains for us though it's a further run and requires reconfiguring their original plan, so that is good.

Now bbq-ing some chicken for dinner. I hope everyone had a great holiday weekend!

I was just thinking about you today! Nice to see so much being done-KITCHEN! WOW! NICE! I like it lighter BUT I also liked the older stuff LOL

Good catch on the decking. Yeah it needs to go all of the way to the fence.

Nice on getting them to tie in the gutters!

You sure got a lot done over the holiday. It's good you are able to talk to your PB. I hardly ever see mine.

Kitchen Granite turned out nice. I like the lighter color better than the dark. My granite color is similar to your old countertops. Didn't have much choice from the builder even with the upgrade so I took the standard which looked the best.

Hope you get the plaster soon. You are ready.

I thought the day would never arrive for mine but tonight have water filling and actually waded in the pool with a foot of water.

I love the shape of your pool...it's going to be stunning with water in it! And how exciting to have a fancy new pool and kitchen at the same time!!! I wanted to put in a brick accent wall in our billiard room and I was told "one thing at a time". Lol

I was just thinking about you today! Nice to see so much being done-KITCHEN! WOW! NICE! I like it lighter BUT I also liked the older stuff LOL

Good catch on the decking. Yeah it needs to go all of the way to the fence.

Nice on getting them to tie in the gutters!

It was time. The older stuff was a laminate and the contractor literally stuck a finger nail underneath and it started peeling right up. [emoji51]. I'm going to guess 10 years was about the lifespan. I did love it while it lasted but also liking how the lighter makes the kitchen look bigger.

You sure got a lot done over the holiday. It's good you are able to talk to your PB. I hardly ever see mine.

Kitchen Granite turned out nice. I like the lighter color better than the dark. My granite color is similar to your old countertops. Didn't have much choice from the builder even with the upgrade so I took the standard which looked the best.

Hope you get the plaster soon. You are ready.

I thought the day would never arrive for mine but tonight have water filling and actually waded in the pool with a foot of water.
. Thanks! Ours wasn't granite but if it had been I would have been happy for a lot longer. I usually lean towards darker colors so this is outside of my comfort zone but I'm liking it!
I hope so too. Deck crews have been here the last two days but only worked for about 3 hours each day. Hoping they accomplish more tomorrow!!

TM, looks like you've made quite a bit of progress with your pool and kitchen! I can't even imagine doing both at the same time!

I love all of your stone work! Are you putting in step markers?
Yes, I couldn't find any I loved and didn't want to wait for an order of Lightstreams but I managed to have enough samples. Lol. They'll be 5 different colors but they'll all match beads in the plaster so why not?!

I love the shape of your pool...it's going to be stunning with water in it! And how exciting to have a fancy new pool and kitchen at the same time!!! I wanted to put in a brick accent wall in our billiard room and I was told "one thing at a time". Lol
. Hi Sheree, thanks! And thanks for checking out my build. We're pretty excited! I typically multi-task but this is overwhelming for me too. We also have all of our carpet being replaced with the wood laminate, and a shower remodel starting shortly. In addition my husband is going to start the ODK and we made the granite piece for the counter already. I would not have chosen to do it all at once but since we did a construction loan with our refi it was the only way we could do it at all within the next couple years. So... We're a little chaotic these days. Lol

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.