Another in Texas - Cypress

Wow!! Great progress today! The tile looks gorgeous! They did a nice job fixing the spa coping end and from your pictures everything looks uniform. I love your spillway!! Just amazing!

Your little cuties look so excited!!! Do you have a date for plaster yet?

That looks AWESOME! Grout did a great job and the new stone lay out on the end is spot on!

That one where they laid down the saw..........well that is up to you. It might be more work than it is worth now. I am willing to bet no one else will even notice it once your pool is all done.

Kim:cat:

Plumbers are here! Brought them breakfast tacos. Wasn't very pleased to see that they threw our hose reel right into one of my corn plants. Threw it and the hose right into the raised bed on top of our plants. Sigh. Hubby is home at least so he went out there and saved them. They didn't even notice. Oh, well. These guys are working hard and fast!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watch that they dig all trenches deep enough and get ALL plumbing in them. They put the plumbing in for my deck jets, skimmer overflow and sheer waterfalls later and very close to the surface. Plumbing for these are just under footers, pavers and in the concrete of the raised beam areas.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I know what you mean about the workers 'suddenly' getting so busy after the boss can tell the men haven't made the progress they should. The same thing happened on my landscaping.

I'm with Kim on the tile piece with the saw marks. Pictures can be deceiving, and it looks like it's a very close up shot. If it looked like the picture with me standing up walking by, I'd probably want it changed. You're the only one to judge that. See first what the PB says. I would imagine he would think that was a sloppy mistake - whether he admits that to you is another thing.

And I'm with Denise on the spillway! I love, love, love it! I struggled choosing between that and the glass tile. I look at stacked stone spillway and want that. I look at glass tile and glad I have that! Lol!!!! Next pool, I guess I'll have both! You're going to have beautiful water action on that spillway!! Can't wait to see pictures of THAT!

Here are some picture of unions. The are put on the PVC pipe so you can work on the equipment without having to cut the pipes.

https://www.google.com/search?q=pvc+unions&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Here are some "basic" valves:

https://www.google.com/search?q=pvc+unions&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8#q=pvc+valves

Not the best choose as they do not last as long as "good" ones like this:

https://www.google.com/search?q=pvc+unions&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8#tbm=shop&q=pentair++2+way+valves+pool

These are to open and close the different pipes. You can even have this flowing more than that with these also.

I know what you mean about the workers 'suddenly' getting so busy after the boss can tell the men haven't made the progress they should. The same thing happened on my landscaping.

I'm with Kim on the tile piece with the saw marks. Pictures can be deceiving, and it looks like it's a very close up shot. If it looked like the picture with me standing up walking by, I'd probably want it changed. You're the only one to judge that. See first what the PB says. I would imagine he would think that was a sloppy mistake - whether he admits that to you is another thing.

And I'm with Denise on the spillway! I love, love, love it! I struggled choosing between that and the glass tile. I look at stacked stone spillway and want that. I look at glass tile and glad I have that! Lol!!!! Next pool, I guess I'll have both! You're going to have beautiful water action on that spillway!! Can't wait to see pictures of THAT!

Ha! Suz, I'm the same way! I'm so torn between the two! We really do have the same taste! Well, except for my cushion fabric....

I think I asked the union question when we hired them so I'm hoping and going to have to watch and trust. My PB just got frustrated with me. The plumber said they don't use a neverlube style and I won't be able to turn them so I texted her. Her reply: The valves are not even there yet. Please let us do our job before sending messages

Sigh. I didn't know the equipment wasn't there or that it was even relevant. I was just asking based on what the plumber told me. I think I'll wait until everything is finished with each stage before saying anything and then if something needs to be fixed they'll just have to do it. I think they forget what an anxious process this is, and that we don't know what is relevant and what isn't. We texted a few times and we're good now. I think I set early expectations about communication and she was feeling pressured to respond to me and had been spending a lot of time driving and couldn't reply. I texted with her about a few other things this morning but I thought she was just in the office since she was replying so fast. I only text once about something and give at least a day for replies before I follow up.

Thanks Suz and Denise! We're very happy about the spillway. On the stone, here are some close-ups. It's a lot more obvious in person. I will see it and it will bother me every time I walk by it, but... It's on the top of the beam so I won't be walking by it every day either. Still undecided. I'll show it to PB next time I see him and see what he says.
And trench pictures:

The kids after school: And more boring pics... The weeds have been out of control without having good access to the yard. Just harvested the potatoes though. Didn't get too many. [emoji51]. Everything looking okay?

And my underwater treadmill is here!!!!

I have to ask the same thing ^^^^^^^^ WOW! Some skills used on the trenches for sure! I wonder if there is any pipe left in the store!

TM you will be very glad you have these "boring" pictures if anything goes wrong with the plumping.

TM unions and valves.jpg

Look at this picture REAL close. Your person that told you the unions and such were not even there yet was WRONG! You can see them in this picture! You got good valves. You should be able to see the brand stamped on them.

That stone with the cuts does need to be changed out. It really shows out even from a distance. :( I was hoping it would not show so well but.....

Looking good!

That is some serious plumbing - did they really dig those trenches by hand?

They did! 6 or so guys with shovels through very hard and thick clay. It took my husband 2 hours to dig 3 feet for a tree. Lol. These guys were skilled with those shovels!

I have to ask the same thing ^^^^^^^^ WOW! Some skills used on the trenches for sure! I wonder if there is any pipe left in the store!

TM you will be very glad you have these "boring" pictures if anything goes wrong with the plumping.

View attachment 50776

Look at this picture REAL close. Your person that told you the unions and such were not even there yet was WRONG! You can see them in this picture! You got good valves. You should be able to see the brand stamped on them.

That stone with the cuts does need to be changed out. It really shows out even from a distance. :( I was hoping it would not show so well but.....

Yes, these were taken after we got back from running errands today and all the equipment was there. I showed him the picture from the link you sent me and he told me that yes, he made sure to put one on the pump (I think the others came with them!)

That's what I was hoping too but grout just didn't fix that one. I'll show PB next time he's out here.

They covered all the trenches but I didn't get out there to take new pictures while there was still light so I'll take some tomorrow. Hopefully electric is tomorrow!

We picked our kitchen backsplash today too. We're using Giallo Ornamental for the granite. I love my existing slate and will miss it. I like it more than what we picked but it can't be saved, we can't find it, and it doesn't match our granite choice so hopefully I'll learn to like this one. The tiles in the picture - all four- are Philadelphia travertine. We just have to pick our design pattern. This is the display they had with our granite and we liked the tile they showed with it, just not in the ledger pattern.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.