And another DFW pool

JJ_Tex

Bronze Supporter
Jul 17, 2019
Prosper, TX (DFW)
What is the open, round hole in the second pic?
That’s a deck drain that ties to the gutters and rest of the drains. They just havent cut it down yet.
My future shower will go there.

Edit - Oops, 2nd pic is a skimmer and a deck drain. The PB has a decorative bronze skimmer cap and ring that may look a bit odd in the pic.

Last edited:

JJ_Tex

Bronze Supporter
Jul 17, 2019
Prosper, TX (DFW)
Yes, everything is flush and no big spaces. That polymetric sand is some really cool stuff too.

Now I'm off to get my patio furniture and grill back on the patio where it belongs.

JJ_Tex

Bronze Supporter
Jul 17, 2019
Prosper, TX (DFW)
Is the toe tile typically just done on the top step?
If you are cheap like me, then yes.

My main concern was people jumping and hitting the tanning ledge, or missing the first step. I've seen all steps done as well as the spa bench done and it looks good, but refer to line 1 for why I didnt do that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Snikwah

Bronze Supporter
Jun 11, 2019
North Dallas Area
LOL right on.. I'm still not sure if I'm going to do it or not. Maybe I'll just do one line and that would cut the cost down. Need to ask him what the cost is to do it.

JJ_Tex

Bronze Supporter
Jul 17, 2019
Prosper, TX (DFW)
Day 1 of Pebblesheen install is set for tomorrow! I have my hoses ready to go, test kit, 3 gallons of liquid chlorine, wall brush. Anything else I need to do?

I've noticed that since the shell was cleaned last week, I have a few leaves and stuff that have fallen back into the pool. I assume that is a fact of life getting plaster in the fall. Anything I need to worry about after they plaster but before it is full?

Reactions: Snikwah

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Do NOT stop the flow of water once it is started. Doing so could cause a ring around the plaster. Put socks on the ends of the hoses to help filter the water and keep the metal ends off the plaster.

Have muriatic acid on hand to help put the pH down.

Reactions: JJ_Tex

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Why the cone of shame? Hope all is well with the doggy! They need to be able to get in the water!!!

That came out so pretty!!!! Can't wait for it to be filled and balanced!

Kim:kim: