And another DFW pool

Yeah, I had a snafu with my pool pad. I didnt like where it was going, so I moved the framing to where I wanted it. This threw off the crew who was supposed to pour it and it took a while to get someone back out here to do it since it was a small job. It threw off the equipment and plumber schedule and cost me about 1.5 weeks :mad:

I went back and forth on the salt and finally decided to do it. There are more convenient options with chlorine, but they mostly contain CYA and other stuff not recommended by TFP. I havent reserarched it too much but I've seen several posts on a stenner pump that injects liquid chlorine daily, so you avoid the daily manual adds. You should look into that.

Yes I have been reading a bunch about everything. It almost seems like I’m digging too deep and too just settle what everyone I talk with say is fine and haven’t had issues in years! I always over analyze stuff so I’m. Not sure what I’m gonna end up with yet. ?

And I have equipment! Plumber should install it on Saturday.

Also, if anyone else orders the pentair intellicenter and the intellichlor, they put the SWG in the box with the intellicenter and there is no need to call your PB while he is trying to take a vacation :rolleyes:

Attachments

• Equipment.jpg
    Equipment.jpg
    447.1 KB · Views: 67
  • Haha
Reactions: kimkats and Snikwah
Plumber installation of the equipment is complete. Next week the electrician should be out to install electrical to it all as well as the Intellicenter, subpanel, spa blower, and lights.

Attachments

• IMG_6065.jpg
    IMG_6065.jpg
    614.6 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_6066.jpg
    IMG_6066.jpg
    566 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_6067.jpg
    IMG_6067.jpg
    585 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_6069.jpg
    IMG_6069.jpg
    649.6 KB · Views: 109
Reactions: Snikwah
I was looking at my p-trap again (last picture above) and it appears to be an open pipe from the pool equipment that leads to the sewer line. I was expecting it to be all enclosed. Is that how it is normally done?

No idea on the p trap, but do not see an issue with it that way.

Will be interesting to see if your IC40 flow switch is not bothered by the 90 immediately before it. Technically, Pentair states 12 inches of straight pipe before the flow switch.

You may find you have to run your VS pump much higher rpm because of it. During my install, they did what you have, took 2100 rpm to close flow switch. I made them replumb, getting about 10 inches of straight pipe, and now can run VS at 1500 rpm.

No idea on the p trap, but do not see an issue with it that way.

Will be interesting to see if your IC40 flow switch is not bothered by the 90 immediately before it. Technically, Pentair states 12 inches of straight pipe before the flow switch.

You may find you have to run your VS pump much higher rpm because of it. During my install, they did what you have, took 2100 rpm to close flow switch. I made them replumb, getting about 10 inches of straight pipe, and now can run VS at 1500 rpm.

Same thing was found on my pump two days ago when they installed. I’ve notified the builder but they’ve not made any adjustments.

The only other question in my mind, is the lack of a bypass around the heater, specific to the start up process and not running plaster dust and whatnot through the heater, a concern? In my mind id want a jumpover/bypass, and inlet/outlet block valves for the heater. Then again, I work in a petrochemical facility so that’s just how we’re taught to look at things, too. It may be overboard.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Let there be light... and intellicenter.... and bonding....and tunnels, lots of tunnels. Hopefully I pass a few inspections tomorrow and on to decking next week.

PS - Should I SLAM the water at the bottom of the pool :)

Attachments

• Electrical 1.jpg
    Electrical 1.jpg
    596.4 KB · Views: 99
  • Electrical 2.jpg
    Electrical 2.jpg
    930.2 KB · Views: 103
  • Electrical 3.jpg
    Electrical 3.jpg
    880.4 KB · Views: 107
  • Electrical 4.jpg
    Electrical 4.jpg
    758.5 KB · Views: 106
  • Electrical 5.jpg
    Electrical 5.jpg
    641.9 KB · Views: 101
Reactions: Snikwah
Day 2 of the patio work is done. Hopefully they will be done in 1-2 days.

Attachments

• Patio 1.jpg
    Patio 1.jpg
    567.4 KB · Views: 126
  • Patio 2.jpg
    Patio 2.jpg
    583.6 KB · Views: 125
Wow those compactors will wake the dead. I'm sure my neighbors appreciated their wakeup call this morning. I wasnt expecting them until Monday, so I'll take it. I'll post pictures later. Hopefully they will get the bulk of the pavers down and finish the cuts and the plyometric sand on Monday.

Pavers day 3 done. They still have the step down seating area by the spa to do as well as some of the edging and pieces to be cut. Hopefully for Monday, but it may be Tuesday until they finish.

Attachments

• Patio Day 3 - 1.jpg
    Patio Day 3 - 1.jpg
    603.1 KB · Views: 112
  • Patio Day 3 - 2.jpg
    Patio Day 3 - 2.jpg
    473.6 KB · Views: 114
  • Patio Day 3 -3.jpg
    Patio Day 3 -3.jpg
    552.2 KB · Views: 105

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.