And another DFW pool

We love it. When it was first filled it had a lot of green in it, but as the blue plaster has faded and been brushed away the water is a nice blue like we wanted. Here are a few pics from today to be able to see the finish at varying depths.

Looks great! My wife and I picked out Maluka tile with Blue Surf as well. We had initially picked a stamped concrete deck. I was pouring over internet photos for the tile/ plaster color, and ran across your thread which lead me too TFP. After seeing your deck, we totally had to copy you and go with travertine pavers. It really looks top notch!

Reactions: JJ_Tex
Looks great! My wife and I picked out Maluka tile with Blue Surf as well. We had initially picked a stamped concrete deck. I was pouring over internet photos for the tile/ plaster color, and ran across your thread which lead me too TFP. After seeing your deck, we totally had to copy you and go with travertine pavers. It really looks top notch!
Thanks, and if you ever need to see it in person just let me know. Our PB had another pool in Prosper that was half done with the coping we wanted. We spent a day crawling around the shell with a box of tile samples to nail down our choices.

Reactions: Prosperjl
Salt is in, SWCG is turned on and I have not had to add chlorine in 2 days! I'm sure I will have to play around with run times and % output, but right now 40% running at 1600 rpms for 10 hours a day seems to be meeting my chlorine and skimming needs.

For me it’s easier to only have to adjust %. The electric difference between 12 hours and 24 hours at 1600 rpms is around $10 a month. On the surface it seems more expensive but the pool stays skimmed 24/7 so i don’t have to run a higher speed for a few hours to filter out anything that settled when the pump was off. That would eat more than the $10 a month I was saving.

Reactions: JJ_Tex
I know a lot of people knock gunite spas but 2nd weekend in a row for us to fire it up and great seats for the World Series even if it did fog up my phone.
Hope we continue to get use out of it for the rest of the winter and for years to come.

Attachments

• 0A3310A6-A641-4D77-80BC-2B6BF1ABC900.png
    0A3310A6-A641-4D77-80BC-2B6BF1ABC900.png
    49.8 KB · Views: 105
  • 7D0BE55C-D93F-4532-861D-F3B1E4642D70.jpeg
    7D0BE55C-D93F-4532-861D-F3B1E4642D70.jpeg
    138.7 KB · Views: 107
I was too tired to get any tonight, but it looked really good even with the plaster dust I kicked up when brushing. I'll play with the lights and get some tomorrow night.
JJ. Your travertine looks awesome. How’s it holding up, any problems? Does the salt have any effect on it?

Hey Aquaman - Thanks. We are still loving the travertine and no ill effects from the salt. The best part about it is that it doesnt seem to get hot in the heat or slippery when wet.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.