All done :-)

I just went through lots of your pictures and your pool looks quite elaborate. When they shot the shell, was that footings of sort throughout the center of the bottom? Looks like it would be very strong. Is that standard construction to thicken like that or is it due to the soil or something in your area? I also like that you have a step into the spa. Ours doesn't and I'm thinking it will be a little difficult to get in and out of, especially the older we get. Also would have liked a step from the outside. I can say the same for our tanning ledge. In my opinion, it should have had a step into it as well. Nice looking pool!
The pool was engineered after the design was finalized and a soil sample, with 2 bore holes to 20 feet, was completed. The foundational footers were recommended by the engineer because of the elevation changes and the soil samples. Originally we thought we would need around 20K - 40K worth of foundational piers but the engineer determined, after the soil sample, that the footer would do the job. We had a raised spa at our old house that had a step in it and we really enjoyed that option. We thought about another step outside, but decided against it. Time will tell if we need to add that, but that would be an easy add on.

Reactions: HermanTX
That is looking great. Appears they did a great job in the application. Are you able to monitor your water volume to fill the pool?
Also, ask or take a picture of whatever chemical they may add to pool when filling.
Acid wash is tomorrow and then we fill. I will take a photo of the meter before they start. The chemicals are in the backyard so I will take a look today.

That is looking great. Appears they did a great job in the application. Are you able to monitor your water volume to fill the pool?
Also, ask or take a picture of whatever chemical they may add to pool when filling.
Herman - here are the chemicals;
04B6EDA9-5B9C-4054-8810-A398BAC17C51.jpeg
2 cases muriatic acid, 2 case liquid chlorine
D724D927-895D-4A88-B5FA-7C83F9AA45F7.jpeg
5 bottles Regal metal out and 4 bottles jacks magic blue stuff
1 tub chlorine tabs

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Your project continues to emphasize the need for a dancing spot reaction! :party: indeed sir!

Now I know where all the travertine went in Texas-lol. Beautiful pool, love the symmetry
He took all the equipment too!

The wrapping to to keep the metal end of the hose off that pretty, new plaster. The bottle is to help float the hose to keep the flow of water from causing any streaking in the plaster.
That’s genius! Is this something you came up with or is your PB on another level? I can’t tell if this is common knowledge. We are building a pool here in TX and are anxiously waiting the end!

Reactions: BigPapaSmurf
It is something that I try to tell everyone after one of the builds I was "helping" on here on TFP had the hose moved across brand new plaster and it left a mark on the plaster.......................hummmmmmm how can we keep this from happening to another pool in the future?

@PfTXPoolDad is see you have not started a build thread yet. Might want to do so so we can drop these little nuggets of info on your build!

That’s genius! Is this something you came up with or is your PB on another level? I can’t tell if this is common knowledge. We are building a pool here in TX and are anxiously waiting the end!
I have seen it mentioned here and we did this with the last pool. The PM can by, yesterday, and loved the idea. He is going to ask the plaster company to make common practice for all their jobs, going forwarded.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.