Algae Help!

One more thing not mentioned, you can have a morning or mid day swim and just get dressed and go about your day without the "chlorine reek" you've been accustomed to.
Oh yes YOU’re right!! There sure was a strong bleach smell after the pool even after showering and shampooing! Iike I said I thought that was normal 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️ I smelled water this morning. It didn’t have a smell.

Reactions: HermanTX
Oh yes YOU’re right!! There sure was a strong bleach smell after the pool even after showering and shampooing! Iike I said I thought that was normal 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️ I smelled water this morning. It didn’t have a smell.
Does your husband also notice it does not have a smell? That's the true test. :mrgreen: (sarcasm)

Reactions: Newdude
It is chloramines that give the water the smell and causes red eyes.

One more thing. We have a lot of waterboatmens bugs in our area. Could that also be affecting the overnight test? We’ve had a infestation every year. This year is not as bad compared to other years but we still deal with them.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
They eat Algae. They will go elsewhere when there is no algae.
Really? Interesting. Our whole entire valley has them. At one point it was so bad our vehicles would be covered completely. And when we drove it looked like it was raining ashes but it was those darn bugs. They flew in from the Saltón Sea.

It’s been a hectic day. My pool failed last nights overnight test. Winds have finally calmed down tonight. Family wants to use pool this weekend, so I am letting the FC drop to 8pm like someone recommended and just maintain that for a while. Here is a pic of my pool as of tonight. Pretty clear to me 😊

Attachments

• 74410A2F-36CC-4D54-83F5-B1B30ACF1EF0.jpeg
    74410A2F-36CC-4D54-83F5-B1B30ACF1EF0.jpeg
    641.4 KB · Views: 32
  • 1EE21E96-1E65-46D7-930C-DCD63FFDFB41.jpeg
    1EE21E96-1E65-46D7-930C-DCD63FFDFB41.jpeg
    986.4 KB · Views: 32
It’s been a hectic day. My pool failed last nights overnight test. Winds have finally calmed down tonight. Family wants to use pool this weekend, so I am letting the FC drop to 8pm like someone recommended and just maintain that for a while. Here is a pic of my pool as of tonight. Pretty clear to me 😊
There is something off with the times in your logs. I think the servers have their time zone set in an odd way. I'm on east coast and it shows my logs 3 hours in arrears.

Indio, CA sunrise is 6:11 am, sunset is 7:25. You should do you OCLT in the evening after 7:30 pm and test before 6:11 am. Your last test showed 11:40am, if I correct for 3 hour server difference, that is 9:40am!!!

If you did your test after 7:30 tonight, get up before 6:11 am and test. It may be that, in fact, you are passing. My 2 cents.

There is something off with the times in your logs. I think the servers have their time zone set in an odd way. I'm on east coast and it shows my logs 3 hours in arrears.

Indio, CA sunrise is 6:11 am, sunset is 7:25. You should do you OCLT in the evening after 7:30 pm and test before 6:11 am. Your last test showed 11:40am, if I correct for 3 hour server difference, that is 9:40am!!!

If you did your test after 7:30 tonight, get up before 6:11 am and test. It may be that, in fact, you are passing. My 2 cents.
Weird. Yes all overnight tears have been done around 8 pm and been waking up at 4:30 am for the last three days to get the reading before daylight

This was my water during this year of pool service and before I cut them loose.

Attachments

• 15EC70FD-EA39-4701-A82E-6B5191F04504.jpeg
    15EC70FD-EA39-4701-A82E-6B5191F04504.jpeg
    729.2 KB · Views: 45

That 11:40 am you see was done at 4:40 am my time.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.