Air bubbles

First try cleaning and lubricating the pump basket seal. That is easier than a full seal kit between the motor and pump.

First try cleaning and lubricating the pump basket seal. That is easier than a full seal kit between the motor and pump.
Should have put that I did that already. I am thinking i can see small air bubbles while the pump is running within pump basket near the lid. There is a sign that says, the o-ring is prelubricated and not to add lube. I read that after I lubed it of course.

What pump do you have. You list your motor in your signature, but not the pump.

I assume you do not have a SWCG.

So if the pump basket stays full of water when you turn off the pump, the likelihood you have a suction side air leak is small. Normally the system will drain if there is a leak.
Suction Side Air Leaks

So if the pump basket stays full of water when you turn off the pump, the likelihood you have a suction side air leak is small. Normally the system will drain if there is a leak.
Suction Side Air Leaks
The air bubbles are very small, you can truly only notice them in the dark with the pool light on, then the look bigger

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Still can't find my air leak. Changed o ring on lid. Change both drain plugs. Don't know. Have bubbles under pump lid.

Attachments

• 20190418_162210.jpg
    20190418_162210.jpg
    286.7 KB · Views: 32
  • 20190418_162208.jpg
    20190418_162208.jpg
    290.9 KB · Views: 36
  • 20190418_162206.jpg
    20190418_162206.jpg
    293 KB · Views: 30
I can't really see any bubbles in the pics. But, it is normal to have some air bubbles in the pump basket. If the amount of air in the pump basket remains constant then it is ok. If the water level continuously drops in the basket while the pump is running and the pump loses prime then you have a suction side leak.

Is this a saltwater pool with a saltwater chlorine generator? As mentioned previously the bubbles you describe coming from the returns sounds like bubbles from an SWG cell.

More here, Suction Side Air Leaks - Trouble Free Pool

I can't really see any bubbles in the pics. But, it is normal to have some air bubbles in the pump basket. If the amount of air in the pump basket remains constant then it is ok. If the water level continuously drops in the basket while the pump is running and the pump loses prime then you have a suction side leak.

Is this a saltwater pool with a saltwater chlorine generator? As mentioned previously the bubbles you describe coming from the returns sounds like bubbles from an SWG cell.

More here, Suction Side Air Leaks - Trouble Free Pool
It's a chlorine pool not salt water. Not losing any water in the basket. Just small bubbles coming from return jets. Im wondering if i have an underground leak? Just don't know where the leak could be coming from

I don't see much in the way of bubbles in the pump basket either so I don't think that is causing bubbles to come out of the returns. Do you have solar (on the roof) and is it currently running?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.