Air bubbles

Can you take a picture of your entire equipment pad and one of the entire pump lid (i.e. not so zoomed in)?

The only other thing I can think of is that there may be a leak in the filter multi-port when the pump is off and returns the air to the pool when the pump is on. However, in this case, the air should stop after a period of time when all the air is evacuated from the filter.

But if the air is not causing an issue, I am not sure I would spend a lot of money trying to fix it.

If you have air entering your system when the pump is running, it is on the suction side.

If your psi is below maybe 10, that's a big leak and I would get it fixed. If your psi is 10+, it is no big deal but a suction leak like that is often noisy and troublesome so I would fix it anyway, I think.

If you have air entering your system when the pump is running, it is on the suction side.

If your psi is below maybe 10, that's a big leak and I would get it fixed. If your psi is 10+, it is no big deal but a suction leak like that is often noisy and troublesome so I would fix it anyway, I think.

My psi is close to 15 according to the new gauge i just bought

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Can you take a picture of your entire equipment pad and one of the entire pump lid (i.e. not so zoomed in)?

The only other thing I can think of is that there may be a leak in the filter multi-port when the pump is off and returns the air to the pool when the pump is on. However, in this case, the air should stop after a period of time when all the air is evacuated from the filter.

But if the air is not causing an issue, I am not sure I would spend a lot of money trying to fix it.

Attachments

• 20190419_175558.jpg
    20190419_175558.jpg
    293 KB · Views: 15
  • 20190419_175549.jpg
    20190419_175549.jpg
    313.8 KB · Views: 14
  • 20190419_175545.jpg
    20190419_175545.jpg
    364.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 20190419_175538.jpg
    20190419_175538.jpg
    401.3 KB · Views: 12
Coach,

As stated earlier in this post air can only leak in on the suction side of the pump. On the discharge side and any of the pressure piping/equipment pressure will cause water to leak out of the system not air to be sucked in. It appears you have a relatively small leak from a gasket, seal or tiny crack. They are very difficult to track down. The best method I know is to use a drip hose to run water over any potential leak source. Start at the bottom of the pump and work up then move down the flow path. Look at the suction basket at the pump and listen for any changes in the sound. When that happens you've found your leak. I've found tiny cracks that were not visible until the part was removed and carefully examined with a lot of light. I've also found simple leaks in union connections that needed to have the o-ring cleaned and lubricated. Other's have reported finding leaks this way at pump drain plugs and pump body o-ring seals, valve shaft seals, valve cover seals, failed or improperly glued pvc joints to name a few.

I hope this helps.

Chris

Reactions: Aleila
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.