I need the measurements of where to place pavers for intex 32’ x 16’ x 52” above ground pool.

litibou

May 24, 2023
grass valley, California
Hello!
Just Spend $2,000 to have the area leveled and compacted. Now, I’m going to place the pavers 16”x16”x2” for the 24 legs. Then getting sand delivered tomorrow to put 2 inches under the pool so that the pool bottom will be level with the pavers.
Questions:

1. What is the footprint of the pool? I read in other posts it’s smaller than the 32x16?
I need to know so I can place the pavers

2. Does it sound like bringing the pool bottom level up with 2” of sand to the pavers will work?

Welcome to TFP.

Intex recommends using pressure treated boards instead of pavers to support the legs on their rectangular pools. The support for the legs needs to be large enough so the legs do not hang off the sides of the support, and so the legs have room to spread out as the pool is filled.

image-jpeg.98964

image-jpg.23315

See if these threads help you...

Hello!
Just Spend $2,000 to have the area leveled and compacted. Now, I’m going to place the pavers 16”x16”x2” for the 24 legs. Then getting sand delivered tomorrow to put 2 inches under the pool so that the pool bottom will be level with the pavers.
Questions:

1. What is the footprint of the pool? I read in other posts it’s smaller than the 32x16?
I need to know so I can place the pavers

2. Does it sound like bringing the pool bottom level up with 2” of sand to the pavers will work?
I only have owned round Intex pools, but several of those. I don't know exactly how the forces differ on the rectangular sides, but the round ones do NOT stand straight, the bottom presses outward. Look at their easyset pools - the ones with no frame and an inflatable top ring - the main part is sort of kettle shaped. The framed pools aren't shaped the same but the effect is similar though less pronounced, because the whole thing is made of flexible material.
With a 22 foot round 52 inch deep ultraframe pool, I set 12x12 pavers centered under each foot, the paver edges about two inches out from the edge of the liner bottom when empty. When full, the feet are about 3/4 of the way across the pavers and the liner presses against the feet. It ends up slightly kettle shaped or bell shaped, with the bottom wider than the top. The seam at the bottom does not sit flat, it sort of rolls. The rectangular pools that I've seen appear to behave somewhat similar in terms of the base and feet.
All this is to say, make sure you allow extra space for the legs shifting when the pool is filled, and don't try to clamp/screw/fix the legs in place because they will shift.
By the way also avoid rigid structures or connections because the sides flex. If you plumb it with pvc pipe, use flex pvc for a foot or two where the pipe meets the liner. If you add stairs, don't fasten them to the frame, better to go over so the frame isn't stressed when it shifts.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.