Advice on replacing Current 25 year old DE American Products filter and multiport with either Pentair or Jandy units

Swimcam

Jul 7, 2019
Lancaster/Pa
It looks like the current Pentair model FNS PLus 60 sq ft DE filter is similar to my 25 year old American Product filter and multiport. I did see Pentair bought our American Products. Looking to replace current unit with either the Pentair filter and multiport ,or with the # 67140177 filter Jandy 6o sq. ft Versa PLumb and Jandy multiport #67140997 -BWVL-MPV-80 side Mount 2". Both have filter grids that are curved. My current 25 year old filter has a grid with 13 flat panels. My motor is a 1 1/2 hP Pentair. Since I do my own maintenance, are the curved filters easy to remove for cleaning at the end of the season? Also, since my American Products lasted 25 years I like to replace with a quality unit. I did see some old forum discussions on Pentair and Jandy, but like to hear from folks that may have either of these units and what they like or dislike about them. Thanks for any input.

Get the Pentair filter.

Jandy does not want to deal with consumers through the Internet and they use expensive proprietary parts.

Thanks .
Do you or is there any one else out there that has a Pentair FNS 60 sq ft DE filter or a Pentair quad 60 De filter #188592? Would like to know your pros and cons between a DE GRID vs DE cartridge? I read the Quad DE cartridge does not get cleaned too well in a backwash as well as a Grid system. My pool is open May through Oct. with my current grid flat panel DE FILTER I backwash during the season and never remove the grid until closing.

I had what I think was an American DE filter for years.
20200405_143259.jpg
Replaced it last year with a Quad DE. So much easier to clean. Don't bother with Backwash. Just open filter up & spray the cartridges with a hose.
20200918_162315.jpg
30 min later...
20200918_165800.jpg

Thanks .
Do you or is there any one else out there that has a Pentair FNS 60 sq ft DE filter or a Pentair quad 60 De filter #188592? Would like to know your pros and cons between a DE GRID vs DE cartridge? I read the Quad DE cartridge does not get cleaned too well in a backwash as well as a Grid system. My pool is open May through Oct. with my current grid flat panel DE FILTER I backwash during the season and never remove the grid until closing.

I think either filter you would only need to open up and clean out at the end of every season.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.