Added Dry Stabilizer. How long to run pump?

If you squeeze the sock a few times you will find the stabilizer will readily dissolve and you should be able to completely empty the sock in an hour or two.

Reactions: Charlie227
I'm just gonna tell you why you want to keep the pump running- if you didn't keep the pump on, the water sitting in the skimmer with that sock full of CYA would become very acidic. CYA is acidic. Then when you got around to turning the pump on again you'd be sending a blast of strongly acidic water thru your pump and equipment. Its not good for it. Not to mention your skimmer also..... so keeping the pump running keeps the acidic water diluted and mixed.

It also may help speed up dissolving the stuff as the moving water flushes by in the skimmer.

My two cents to the discussion. I'm a nurse- we always explain rationales.... :mrgreen:

Maddie :flower:

Reactions: Charlie227
If you squeeze the sock a few times you will find the stabilizer will readily dissolve and you should be able to completely empty the sock in an hour or two.

All disolved. A couple of times of squeezing and a couple of hours and it’s good to go.

Previously I was using liquid stabilizer but it was a hassle to get mixed to the right consistency if I only needed a quart or so. The dry seems to be a lot easier.... cheaper too.

Thanks for the help.

Reactions: mknauss
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.