Active 30i not picking up leaves

beej210

Dec 24, 2020
Dallas, TX
So I've had the Active 30i for a few months now based on recommendation from Marina. But I've noticed when there's a lot of leaves in the pool, it doesn't pick them up. A lot of leaves will get stuck in the "slot" on the underside of the robot but not get sucked all the way into the bag.

Has anyone else had this happen? Is there a fix or do I need a different model that has a bigger opening?

Bee,

Robots are not really designed to pick up a bunch of leaves, that is what a leaf net is for... :mrgreen:

I suggest that when you have a lot of leaves, you temporarily remove the little cloth "floppy thing" from the bottom of the basket. This should allow it to pick up leaves better.

Let us know how that works.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Removing the flap thing may let it grab leaves but as Jim said for lots of leaves that is clearly not the go to tool. Keeping the flap off will probably let dirt back into the water when the robot turns off.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.