Just ordered Active 60 from Marina đź‘Ťđź‘Ťđź‘Ť

Carnut12

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 2, 2013
Forsyth, GA
First I’ll write about dealing with Marina. I started off using email and the form on their website to communicate, do yourself a favor and just call them, I wish I did earlier. I almost didn’t go with them because of the lack of responses. I am very busy and I do things during none working hours that is why I prefer email. Yesterday I called and they were the most pleasant and helpful folks I’ve dealt with in a long time. Also best price and no shipping/tax.

I chose the Active 60 because I have a large pool with a unique shape and I really want 3 motors (maneuverability). Also my current Dolphin has lasted 7-8 years and it’s done an amazing job so I stuck with Maytronics brand. If this lasts 6 years it’s less then $300 per year, extremely reasonable IMO.

My current robot is the equivalent of today’s M400, apparently this is old technology, but it was fantastic. The only drawback was the smaller filter sizes clogged quickly in fall when leaves fell. I never had this issue at my last house because my skimmers did a better job with leaves and minimal made it to the bottom of the pool. FYI for those looking at robots, mine had a Remote and the only thing I used it for was to turn it on, don’t waste money on one I didn’t find it beneficial at all. By the way my robot still works, but it’s on its last legs. The tracks fall off every so often and the power base has to be pressed multiple times to turn on. The only maintenance I did was replaced the foam rollers a few years ago. Also most of the time I left it in my pool. For this one I’m getting a cover, I think leaving the power base out in the elements is why it has trouble now.

I’ll update after I get it!!! Hopefully the “Maytronics reliability is going down the tubes” doesn’t apply to my unit, if it does I’ll change brands next time around.

Last edited:
First I’ll write about dealing with Marina. I started off using email and the form on their website to communicate, do yourself a favor and just call them, I wish I did earlier. I almost didn’t go with them because of the lack of responses. I am very busy and I do things during none working hours that is why I prefer email. Yesterday I called and they were the most pleasant and helpful folks I’ve dealt with in a long time. Also best price and no shipping/tax.

I chose the Active 60 because I have a large pool with a unique shape and I really want 3 motors (maneuverability). Also my current Dolphin has lasted 7-8 years and it’s done an amazing job so I stuck with Maytronics brand. If this lasts 6 years it’s less then $300 per year, extremely reasonable IMO.

My current robot is the equivalent of today’s M400, apparently this is old technology, but it was fantastic. The only drawback was the smaller filter sizes clogged quickly in fall when leaves fell. I never had this issue at my last house because my skimmers did a better job with leaves and minimal made it to the bottom of the pool. FYI for those looking at robots, mine had a Remote and the only thing I used it for was to turn it on, don’t waste money on one I didn’t find it beneficial at all. By the way my robot still works, but it’s on its last legs. The tracks fall off every so often and the power base has to be pressed multiple times to turn on. The only maintenance I did was replaced the foam rollers a few years ago. Also most of the time I left it in my pool. For this one I’m getting a cover, I think leaving the power base out in the elements is why it has trouble now.

I’ll update after I get it!!! Hopefully the “Maytronics reliability is going down the tubes” doesn’t apply to my unit, if it does I’ll change brands next time around.
Any update? I’m looking at the active 60 myself.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.