A sad day at our house-bye bye pool :(

oh man 2020 strikes again! so sorry to read about the loss of your pool. maybe this would be an idea...I know I am kind of crazy but I am totally about the benefits of an above ground pool. so much easier to keep clean being the main one but there are others. my fantasy is fixing up a huge old stock water storage tank. it had a concrete bottom and really thick steel walls. it is 60 feet in diameter. in fact I had my first 24 foot Sears "good" (as opposed to better or best) pool in there and the old tank became the patio and fence. fixing it means either more steel and gunite or a huge liner. most likely I will be putting a bigger intex in there again, but I have a dream. There are thousands of livestock storage tanks around that are just poured concreate but in the sizes of round above ground pools. in fact most serve double duty as "swimming holes" although the water isn't filtered/treated. What about a plastered, round concrete tank?

As of right now there will be no new pool. We shall readdress this in the Spring. I am 3.5 yrs from full retirement. We have SO many travel plans that will take big money to do so paying for a new pool would take away from them. We want to do Route 66 in a new corvette as our main trip car.

Hard to think long term when it is HOT short term LOL so we shall see!

As of right now there will be no new pool. We shall readdress this in the Spring. I am 3.5 yrs from full retirement. We have SO many travel plans that will take big money to do so paying for a new pool would take away from them. We want to do Route 66 in a new corvette as our main trip car.

Hard to think long term when it is HOT short term LOL so we shall see!
So let me get this straight.,.. Just because you no longer have a pool, this summer you are going on a nationwide tour in a new Corvette to visit everyone on the forum to swim in THEIR pool?! WELL! let me be the first to offer you an invite to soak your tatters my puddle for the West Coast leg of your adventure.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We have the guide to Route 66 to help us as well. We will make sure the above is on our list. Thanks!

We did most of that trip from NJ to California the Winter of 2019. We have a Corvette but decided there was no way we could pack that light for 2 months away.

IMG_0784 (Small).JPG

@ajw22 Allen did you do the museum pick up? Did you watch it get built? That is a sweet Vette right there!

Yes, I did the museum delivery. It is highly recommended. The museum gets the car from the factory and preps it better then any dealer will. And if they find any major problem with it they take it back to the factory to get fixed. A friend of mine ordered a Z06 at the same time and we both picked up our cars at the museum and broke them in while driving home from Bowling Green, KY over 2 days. It ws a fun trip.

I didn't see my car get built but we did get a tour of the factory and saw them building the cars. On the tour they give you the opportunity to start a new cars engine for the first time. We also spent some time touring the museum and its great car collection.

The Vette is now 15 years old and has 40K miles on it and running strong.

So let me get this straight.,.. Just because you no longer have a pool, this summer you are going on a nationwide tour in a new Corvette to visit everyone on the forum to swim in THEIR pool?! WELL! let me be the first to offer you an invite to soak your tatters my puddle for the West Coast leg of your adventure.

Let me also offer my full support of a plan to cool yourself off in other people’s pools instead of buying your own. Feel free to come check out our finally-finished-renovated pool. I like many others owe you that at least! I can’t guarantee I won’t steal your keys and take your ‘Vette for a spin on the wide-open, freshly paved, cop-free roads up here in the quiet western woods of the Ocean State though. Speed limit schmeed limit! It’ll make my mustang jealous!

• Haha
Reactions: kimkats

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.